We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slipper shop in Venice

Newton...
2 posts
Save Topic
Slipper shop in Venice

I am looking for a slipper shop that I thought was in Dorsoduro, here's the description from Travel and Leisure: "Designer Laura Biagiotti leads the charge to Gianni Dittura (Calle San Vio, Dorsoduro 871; 39-041/523-1163), one of the last remaining vendors of genuine friulane (velvet slippers with pointed toes, made by hand in the Friuli region)." A friend who is visiting Venice says that she thinks the shop has relocated so that it is on the same street as Astoria hotel, at corner of Calle del Forner, which is behind and to the left of San Marco. I Does anyone know if it is still worth looking for the shop in Dorsoduro? Now that it has moved to the center, is it still worth visiting?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,797 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slipper shop in Venice

I do not know of a Calle San Vio. There is a Rio tera San Vio and a Campo San Vio but I do not recollect a shoe/slipper ship in either. There is a calle dei Forno in Dorsoduro but no shoe/slipper shop there as it is entirely residential.

What there might be around San Marco I do not know. There is a Calle dei Forno - a dead end tucked away close to San Zulian

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,420 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slipper shop in Venice

It was there the last time i walked past. Walk out of san marco under the clock tower and then hang a left by cartier, Cross the bridge and its down there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Slipper shop in Venice

There is a Calle della Chiesa, just by Campo San Vio in Dorsoduro. The slipper shop was still there in January, it is on the opposite side of the calle from Bar da Gino. I have been buying my furlani from them for years. I love to purchase a new color on every visit. The quality is good and the prices are reasonable. It is a shop which still exists to serve the locals, thank goodness. I have also purchased umbrellas there.

Newton...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Slipper shop in Venice

Thank you for all the helpful messages!

5. Re: Slipper shop in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:18