We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
277 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

Hi all

Im planning a family trip to Italy for Dec - Jan. We need to choose a place to be at New Years Eve and i thought of Venice. Do you think its a good option or would you go for Rome?

I've been reading that December is a common month for acqua alta so that does worry me for New Year's Eve..

If Venice was the option, what place/restaurant would you recommend for a nice dinner that night?

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,238 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

Put "New Years Eve" on the search box on this page , there is a lot of information,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,794 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

If you are in party mood the Piazza San Marco is the place to be! Plenty of good restaurants all over Venice - but you need to book ahead on NYE (San Silvestro, as it's known in Italy).

I wouldn't worry about aqua alta - life goes on!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,238 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

But would add, I have not spent New Year in Venice, but had a really lovely one in Rome,

4. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 20:06
venexia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

Hi December is a cold month, hi tide is common in winter but maximum level is during full moon and just few hours a day. I love Venice in winter, few people, nice service in restaurant and local places, no queu on museum. For new year you can get a nice resaturant and at 11:30 see the fireworks from San Marco square.

Normally hotels apply a 3 night minimum stay as high season

6. Re: New Year's Eve in Venica, do you recommend it? Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16