We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castello restaurants

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Castello restaurants

I will be staying in the Castello sestiere, a section of Venice that I do not know well. What would suggest for a small, intimate restaurant with authentic food of Venice?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,467 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castello restaurants

Castello covers a large area so some indication of where you are staying would help in advising you. There are a substantial number of restaurants in this large area and at least some are not overwhelmed by tourists and still provide good Venetian fare.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castello restaurants

This little Osteria is good,

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-…

California
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castello restaurants

Of course! I should have thought of that--Castello IS quite a large area.

I will be staying not far from the San Zaccaria Jolanda stop -- about a five-minute walk from that stop to my hotel. Thank you again. (I am very much looking forward to my time in Venice!)

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,467 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castello restaurants

This not an area I eat in very frequently, preferring the other side of the Grand Canal for good, reasonably priced authentic Venetian food. However I have in the past dined well with my wife at al Covo, Campiello della Pescaria, Castello and also at Corte Sconta, Calle del Pestrin, Castello. But I must stress both occasions were about 5 years ago.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castello restaurants

You'll be about a 15-minute walk from my favourite restaurant in Venice, Taverna del Campiello Remer. It meets your criteria: small, intimate, and with authentic Venetian food. It has a wonderful, romantic atmosphere. Look at the reviews and maybe take a stroll past it before you decide to make a reservation. It's not the easiest place to find but that's part of its charm.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d91…

6. Re: Castello restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:17