We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice film festival

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
540 reviews
Save Topic
Venice film festival

Hello,

I have two questions about the film festival. My husband and I are thinkng of going to a 5pm screening. There is almost zero chance of us going to a private event.

1) is there time to finish the screening and get from a Lido to San Marco for a 9pm concert? I am not sure how easy travel will be with the crowds and how timely the screenings are.

2) what is the dress code for an evening screening (male and female)?

Thanks!

Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$173.90*
US$193.90
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,567 reviews
from US$56.30*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,543 reviews
from US$75.10*
US$91.30
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
295 reviews
from US$81.30*
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,833 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice film festival

The No 1 water bus departs every 12 minutes from Santa Maria Elizabetta landing stage on the Lido until 21.08 and thereafter every 20 minutes. It takes 16 minutes to get to San Zaccaria landing stage close to the Doge's Palace.

I have never been to the Fiml Festival but if it is like the rest of Venice there is no dress code. Smart casual will get you anywhere.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice film festival

Travelling from the film festival area to St.Mark's doesn't take more than 30 minutes.

You either take a bus to Santa Maria Elisabetta (5-7 minutes) then a waterbus to San Zaccaria (#1, #2, #5.2, #14 - 15 minutes) or take an express waterbus from the film festival area (Lido Casinò) to San Zaccaria (line 20 or line MC).

See http://www.actv.it/sites/default/files/A3%20Avviso-mostra%20cinema(5%200)%20(2).pdf and actv.it/sites/default/files/ultimorario.pdf

Edited: 01 September 2014, 21:17
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
540 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice film festival

Thank you both very much!

4. Re: Venice film festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:16