We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

I have friends arriving 10.45am at Marco Polo and they want to get to their hotel near St. Marks Square. Can you suggest the best transport alternatives.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

The easiest way is to take the alilaguna water bus from the airport to san marco, purchase tickets in the arrivals hall and either walk the few minutes to the landing stage or catch tne shuttle bus (1 euro to the landing stage.)

OR take the land bus(ATVO) from outside arrivals to piazza roma, about 3 euros and takes about 25minutes, then take the water bus down the grand canal to san marco, this way I think is more of a hassle but it gives your friends a look at the entire length of the grand canal on the way to their hotel

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,087 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

As dozidai says the first option is best I feel although the Alilauna does take a long time about an hour and Ten minutes going via Murano and the Lido, , a bus involves changing to then a water bus (Vaporetto ) to San Marco,a bit of chopping and changing not much in it price wise,

Santa Barbara
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

When I took my Alilaguna to Fondamenta Novo, I noticed there is a direct line from the airport to san marco, no stops in between.. more expensive though.. 25 euro I believe.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,087 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

The Alilaguna line that goes direct is called "Alilaguna Oro" but over double the price

5. Re: Marco Polo Airport to St. Marks Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 08:17