We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

Anybody have any suggestions for good rissoto in Venice? I know I'll probably find it a lot of places, but would like to know if anyone has any specific recommendations.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

Seafod in general, including seafod risotto, is good in many restaurants in Venice as you might expect in a city surrounded by the lagoon and on the edge of the Adriatic.

Places with especially good reputations include

Alla Madonna, Calle della Madonna, San Polo 594

Boccadoro, Campiello Widman, Cannaregio 6405

Corte Sconta, Calle del Pestrin, Castello 3886

Al Gatto Nero, Fondamenta dell Giudecca, Burano

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

I second two of Robert Js suggestions above -

1. Trattoria Alla Madonna -best seafood ANYTHING I've had in Italy - no reservations so get there early or be prepared to wait! Off the Riva del Vin, which runs along the Grand Canal from Rialto Bridge - look down Calle della Madonna and you will see the glowing yellow sign. Looks small from outside but really large inside. Also had the most incredible Gnocchi here!!

2. Gatto Nero - Charming and lovely. We just had a snack here but we enjoyed it so much. I plan to go back again for a full dinner the next time I'm in Venice.

Buon apetito! LL

Locarno
Level Contributor
656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

In my opinion the "risotto di pesce" is one of the hardest plate to find really good in a restaurant, because is hard to do it for many people and it takes a lot of time.

Order it only in the very best restaurants you visit.

vancouver
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

We had one of the best seafood risottos ever in Venice a couple of years ago at La Terrazza in the Danieli Hotel. We were celebrating our anniversary and we weren't disappointed.

5. Re: favorite restaurant for seafood rissoto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 15:20