We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel marconi venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
hotel marconi venice

Anybody that has stayed at Hotel Marconi Venice, any suggestions on requesting a particular room?

And if anyone has had a bad experience in a particular room please also let me know. The rooms seem to vary greatly?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel marconi venice

The Hotel Marconi is on the Fondamenta del Vin, immediately opposite the Rialto landing stage which operates all night. There is as a consequence a possibility of some disturbance during the night unless the sound-proofing is very good.

It is certainly conveniently located close to the Rialto bridge but I cannot comment on its rooms as I have not stayed there. It is, or used to be, past of the same small group as the San Cassiano which I have stayed and was all right but nothing sensational.

The user reviews for this Hotel in the Tripadvisor Venice Hotels list are somewhat mixed though all praise the location.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,988 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel marconi venice

I have never stayed there, so would not know which room would be better, I do feel the location of the hotel could be quite noisy , the Grand Canal is busy especially around areas like the Rialto, also it is oppo site the Rialo waterbus stop, which is on operation all night, worth taking into consideration,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel marconi venice

Thank you both. Yes I think it may be noisy so I may give it a miss. Do you have any other suggestions please? Prefer somewhere centrally located, nothing fancy. As long as it's clean we'll be happy. Any suggestions re monastery or convent accommodation in Venice maybe?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel marconi venice

Is that a lovely golden retriever in your photo Sophie8? I have two black labs and they're just the most wonderful dogs. Good to meet a fellow dog lover!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,988 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel marconi venice

Bobalo,

That is Sophie sadly we lost this week, if you feel like reading some messages about her, look at the thread " a message from our hearts to Sophie 8 " on the Venice forum, really very touching,

Regards Hotels, Venice is not that big, so you will never be far ffrom everything, Dorsoduro and San Polo are nice areas,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel marconi venice

Bobalo. Location hardly matters in Venice, the city is not large, the major attractions are scattered all over the city and the public transport system - the water buses - are efficient and very much part of the Venice experience.

Istituto Don Orione in the former monastery of the Gesuati on the Zattere is well worth considering. I have not stayed there but my local Doctor and his large family were there this last summer and said it was fine. It is very close to the Zattere water bus landing stage so convenient for city transport and also for the Alilaguna ferry to Marco Polo airport. Some of the roooms have great views over the Giudecca canal, the widest in Venice. More information on www.donorione-venezia.it

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel marconi venice

Thank you Robert-J I have contacted the monastery and am awaiting their reply. Looks great on their website.

Sophie8 I am so sorry for your loss. I really feel for you. She looked like she was a beautiful girl.

8. Re: hotel marconi venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 16:17