We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking hotels

Cardiff
2 posts
Save Topic
Smoking hotels

I am staying in Venice for two nights in January (4th-6th) and having a problem trying to find one that is not too dear (up to £110 per night) that is open and also allows smoking in the bedrooms. Anyone know of any? suggestions gratefully received

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking hotels

Have a look at Venice by web site, they list most of the things in facilites, may be smoking is one of them, it is getting to be more prevallent no smoking allowed in hotels,

www.veniceby.com

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking hotels

Hi Weaver

Have a look at Locanda Herion.

Lanska

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking hotels

There doesn't seem to be much smoking inside in Venice, your best bet might be a room with a balcony. However, we didn't mind going outside too much cos there's so many pretty things to look at whilst you're there!

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking hotels

Since Jan 1st 2005 smoking in indoor public areas has been prohibited in Italy. I believe that this includes hotel rooms.

But someone will correct me if I´m wrong!

Cardiff
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking hotels

Just to say thanks for your help.

I have managed to book into the Carlton & Grand canal Hotel and they assure me smoking is allowed

6. Re: Smoking hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2007, 19:07
Derbyshire - UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking hotels

"Good. The smoking ban came into force on 10th January 2005 but your hotel room is not included in the ban. They will ask you to kindly refrain but that's as strong as they can get because when you close that door you are in your own private world-x"

But sadly not so private that the room isn't left stinking for the next person who uses it.

Garry

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,797 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking hotels

Garry I do so agree. I do not think smokers realise how unpleasant the lingering stench of cigarette smoke is to non smokers.. Highly anti-social

It makes me cough and as I have a large scar all the way down the middle of my chest following a quintuple heart by-pass some years ago, coughing is very painful. I object strongly to having pain inflicted on me by smokers.

9. Re: Smoking hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2007, 19:07
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,797 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking hotels

I realised when I posted my piece about smokers and their anti-social polluting habits that someone would come to their defence and uphold the right to pollute.

I think Hotels should be obliged to state clearly whether they are smoking or non-smoking hotels, so we can have a clear choice. Then there would be no sheltering behind the smokescreen of whether the room has been properly cleaned or not.