We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a shuttle from Treviso

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
need a shuttle from Treviso

hi~

we will be arriving into Treviso late 22:00 and the last shuttle is at 22:20 ,we think that is cutting it too close. Can anyone give us information on how to schedule a shuttle to P.le Roma? and how expensive of a trip would this be, we have 6 people in our group.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Doncaster in UK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

Have you considered the train? I haven't been yet, but considered staying in Treviso as a base. A guide that I have advises local bus No 6 to the train station (DK Eyewitness travel - top 10 Venice). The staion in Venice is close to the Piazzale Roma.

Steve131658

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

our problem is that the last shuttle (Train) is at 22:20 not enough time to get off the plane and make the LAST shuttle (train) to P. Roma.

Anyone with any information on a private taxi or shuttle service would be really appreciated!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

Are you a litle confused? There is no train station at Treviso airport. To get to Treviso station you will need to catch an ACTT No 6 bus from the airport to Treviso station. I do not know what time the last bus runs and the www.actt.it website is currently being reconsructed so cannot find out.

For the time of the last train from Treviso station to Santa Lucia station in Venice check on www.trenitalia.it.

Most people rely on the ATVO coach which meets all Ryanair flights to get them to Piazzale Roma. Whilst it is timetabled as the last bus at 22.20 it will wait until Ryanair passengers arrive. Treviso is a tiny airport so does not take long to disembark and collect your luggage.

The alternative to this public transport is to hire a taxi. Sorry, no idea how much that would cost, quite expensive I would think

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

Hi,

Yes, Robert is spot on - you will take a bus from Treviso airport to Piazzale Roma (not a train)

I'm just butting in because I picked up a great tip on this forum recently, which I will be sure to make use of when we next visit Venice.......

Send one of your party straight through to the arrivals hall to purchase bus tickets (far left corner of room - booth says 'Ryanair bus tickets' or similar on window). Then when you've got all the luggage - which won't take more than a few minutes - you'll all be ready to board the bus (waiting right ahead of you as you go outside)

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. As Robert says, the airport is just the tiniest little place you ever saw. In fact, the first time we went there, the luggage was unloaded and on the carousel before we were!

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

thank you Robert & Maudsters! I guess I misunderstood the hotel and I thought she said it was a train.

Its reassuring to know that the bus is conected to Ryanair and they will wait for the plane before heading to P Roma...that was our big concern!

thanks again for the good information.

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

One more question for Robert & Maudsters! If we decided to fly into Marco Polo arriving at 21:05 what would be the best way to get into Venice. Our hotel is in Cannaregio stop "Ferrovia".

Thanks for your expertise!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

From the airport to that part of Venice the Station, a bus is most is the best way, the non-stop ATVO bus cost €3 and goes to Piazzale Roma a very short walk to the station area, they run from outside the arrivals hall, the service last one 23.30m

www.atvo.it

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

thank you Sophie!

9. Re: need a shuttle from Treviso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 10:24