We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A walking tour of verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A walking tour of verona

Does anyone know of a walking tour of verona? I don't want to go on the tour that is a walking tour and thenVa wine tour. Not interested in the second part.

Also any suggestions for simple restaurants in the middle of Verona?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A walking tour of verona

There are touristic guides from the local association or you can print the guide-book about Verona at www.verona.com and then follow the routes by yourself.

A bus will provide a sightseeing Tour from Piazza Brà (Arena) all around the city.

About the restaurants check previous messages here for a wide list with some explanations or take a look at:

www.cercaristoranti.com/ristoranti_verona.cfm

Enjoy the city.

Giusy & Davide

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A walking tour of verona

Dear Dave:

thank you for your reply. I will take that sightseeing bus. I am sure the desk at the hotel can give me information on where to book it and where to get on.

what about

Bottega del Vino worth the trip? or a tourist trap?

I live in Ravenna.

Agatha

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A walking tour of verona

you live in Ravenna and i have to write in my horrible self taught english ???

Let's speak italian then !!! ;)

Bottega del Vino is a good place for wine lovers and if they are in the right mood you HAVE to visit the cellar with more than 20.000 bottles form all around the world.

About the food... is more or less like the majority of the other places but at least 4 times more expencive... :)))

Small wine selection, good food and right price: Da Ugo, Taverna di Via Stella, 3 Marchetti and Il Pompiere ( both a little bit more expencive).

Medium priced and good: Pane e Vino, La Molinara, Cantina di San Rocchetto

Cheap and good, Al Duca, Giulietta e Romeo, All'Isolo, Osteria Duomo and others...

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A walking tour of verona

Ciao Dave:

Poche righe soltanto per sapere come stai e per ringrazirti i informazioni. Grazie !

Mi auguro che latua famiglia stia bene.

ti saluto affettuosamente,

agatha

You self taught English is better than my self taught Italian :)

Do you know Tim Parks? I love his book "My Italian Neighbors:" I have lived next to everyone of those people and all the barking dogs!!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A walking tour of verona

Dave

Your self taught English is FANTASTIC

6. Re: A walking tour of verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 08:23