We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire & Verona Airport

Sussex England
12 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire & Verona Airport

Looking for help please.

We would like to hire a car from Verona - pick up railway station but drop off at the airport. I am slightly confused, question - is Valero Catulla the same as Villa Franca i.e. one airport.

Also does anyone have any advice or information about picking up cars from Verona railway station or dropping off at Verona Airport ?

Thanks

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Verona Airport
Verona Airport
Verona, Italy
Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire & Verona Airport

"Valerio Catullo" (the latin poet) is the name of the Airport located in Villafranca di Verona (a town located 15 km. from Verona)

"Gabriele D'Annunzio" (poet and soldier fo the last century) is the name of the airport located in Montichiari near Brescia where Ryanair-company lands his flights from UK with destination Verona (and they call "Verona/Brescia" the airport just to improove the confusion ;) ).

No particular advice for the car... just i don't think they'll let you change the drop off for free... if you think to drop the car on sunday, then pick the car in the airport because on sunday the hire service (and parking) at the station is closed. From the train station you have a shuttle bus to the Airport every 20 minuts for Euro 4,5

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Brescia
Brescia
Province of Brescia, Italy
Sussex England
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire & Verona Airport

Thanks for that, the flight details say Valero Catulla which I then could not find on the map.

According to avis website I can select a different pick up / drop off point and am quoted a price.

3. Re: Car Hire & Verona Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 19:17