We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip from Verona to Venice

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NHA
Cape Town
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrip from Verona to Venice

We are spending 2 nights in Verona in early June and I was wondering whether it would be feasible to use one of these for a day trip to Venice. Affirmatively, is it easier to get to Venice from Verona by car or by train?

Thanks very much.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytrip from Verona to Venice

Departing early in the morning by train, i think it's the best way to enjoy Venice (and not spend such a lot of money sleeping there).

By car you could get involved in traffic jams near Venice and spend a lot of time looking for a VERY expencive parking place.

NHA
Cape Town
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytrip from Verona to Venice

thanks, this is exactly what i thought.

any idea how long would a train trip take?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytrip from Verona to Venice

Check http://www.trenitalia.com for the train schedule, but consider between 1:20 and 1:50 hours depending on the train you take.

The station in Verona is Porta Nuova, the station in Venice is Santa Lucia

NY
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytrip from Verona to Venice

We just came back from Venice and took a day trip to Verona. We took the EuroStar from Venice to Verona, and it took app. 1 hr and 10 mins.

5. Re: Daytrip from Verona to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 05:27