We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide which hotel...

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ML
San Diego
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me decide which hotel...

I am torn between 2 hotels, Domus Nova & La Magioca. I realize they are completely different, and that DN is "in" Verona, so of course, more convenient. We will be in Verona for 1 night on our way to Venice, October 31 celebrating my 40th birthday. Help me decide which hotel...Graci. --ML

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

If i remember correctly, both the places aren't Hotel.

Domus nova should be a Very expencive, very nice Bed and Breakfast (3 rooms in the deep heart of the city), La Magioca is a Relais (6 rooms) located in the heart of Valpolicella, so you need a car to go there otherwise you're in a very nice place and very comfortable too... but completely unable to move from there (taxi ???).

1 night in Verona... i hope during the Opera, otherwise you miss a lot staying only one night.

Anyway, happy Birthday and enjoy the place you'll choose.

ML
San Diego
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

Dave - thanks for the info. I do realize they're both B&Bs, but was torn between them. As much as I'd like to stay a Magioca, it's probably not the best option due to it's location. With that said, I do have a reservation at Auroa for 120 euros but we don't have a view. Domus Nova has extended a rate of 200 euros with a view. Is DN worth the extra money for a nicer stay with a view? Also, is there Opera in October? I'm open to all suggestions to do. We will be coming from Lake Como, stopping in Verona for the day/night then off to Venice. Thanks again.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

I live in Verona, so i can not help you regarding the Views and the furniture you'll find in the places, i'm only been one time by La Magioca Relais because i know the owner, a nice lady who produces a wonderful chocolate. The place is very nice, with antiquities and comfortable rooms.

About Domus Nova i know only that is the most expencive B&B in the city... in fact, in my personal opinion, NOT a B&B but an Extra Luxury micro-hotel in the main square of the city.

But... how long will you stay watching the square from your window ???? And more... will be the 31st October a sunny day or will the fog cover all the view ???

Who knows... but for sure (MY PERSONAL OPINION) i wouldn't pay so much just to sleep one night... even because in october most of the hotels even 4/5 stars have special rates (what usually costs 250 euro or more between October and March costs around 80/120 euro if not in particular days).

ML
San Diego
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

Dave - thanks for the great info. I've decided that since we're only in Verona for 1 day, that La Magioca is just too far. Based on your suggest, I should probably keep my reservation at Hotel Aurora, right? The rate there is 120 euro...the rate at Domus Nova is 200 euro. You are suggesting that we stick with Aurora, right? --ML

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

i wouldn't be worried about a room for the 31st of October right now... i would rather wait september to see how the market is goin' on... anyway during the fall you'll FOR SURE find a room... and probabily at a lower price... anyway... make your offer first... sometime the hotels accept your offer rather than have the room empty.

Aurora, Accademia, Colomba d'Oro, Bologna, Vittoria are all centrally located and good enough... for the top you have Gabbia d'Oro and if you like a "retrò" atmosphere then Due Torri Baglioni.

ML
San Diego
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

Dave - Graci - ML

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

Italian Language lesson n°1:

G R A Z I E = Thanks

;)

You're Welcome ! = Prego!

Does still exist Shamu at the Sea Center ???

ML
San Diego
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

Thanks for the lesson. And yes, Shamu is still at Sea World. ;-)

9. Re: Please help me decide which hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 09:20