We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus-stops in Verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus-stops in Verona

Next month I shall be staying a week in Garda and I am planning a bus trip to Verona. I want to start a walk-about from piazza Bra'. Does anyone know if bus route 62-64 stops there or where I should get off?

Regards

Pete.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

Although I am no Verona expert, I believe you should get off at the bus station (next to the Porta Nuova train station) and walk to Piazza Bra (i.e. the Arena) from there -- it's about 1.5 km, so it shouldn't be more than a 15 min walk.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,685 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

Get a bus ticket at the tobacconists in the station and go across to the first bus stand, No34 I think, will take you to P Bra

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

Thanks to both of you for the helpful answers. Perhaps I should get a bus to take me further than Piazza Bra', say to Piazza delle erbe or to the cathedral and start my walk from there.

Best wishes

Pete.

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

Pete, I,m doing the same thing next week I thought I would buy a 24 hour ticket and jump on and off as the fancy takes.

It worked very well for me in Florence and I,m all for saving my legs at 75 !

We need Dave's input on this.

Bob.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

From the train station 11 12 13 14 direction Center (San Michele or Montorio) will bring you to Piazza Brà (where the Arena is located) otherwise 72 73 will bring you first in Piazza Brà, then to Piazza delle Erbe... (direction Biondella).

Take the Verona Card at the train station (look at the FAQ for this)

I would start from Castelvecchio taking on the lane D one of the following 21 22 23 24 41, then move through Via Roma to Piazza Brà, from there visti the Arena, then walk until San Fermo Church, visit the churches and then for Via Cappello up to the house of Juliet, Piazza Erbe, The Lamberti's Tower to have a look from above, Piazza dei Signori, Arche Sacaligere, then Santa Anastasia, Dom (the Cathedral), Ponte Pietra, Roman Theater, Santa Maria in Organo (don't miss it), Giardini Giusti... then a BUS to get back... or to move to San Zeno.

At the train station there is a tourist office where you can get a map of the city (for free) otherwise beside the Arena thereis one other Tourist Office.

Of course this is a tour if you don't have to leave somewhere your luggage and take your accomodation. In this case... go to your accomodation and then look at the closest place to my "virtual tour", start your tour from there...

Enjoy Verona.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

Thanks Dave1864 for for all that useful information. We will try our best to complete your itinerary.

Best wishes

Pete.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

We certainly enjoyed our trip to Verona. After buying our Verona Cards at the Money Exchange, we caught the 73 bus to San Zeno, then a further ride on the 73 to the Duomo. From here a short walk to Piazza dei Signori, Piazza Erbe and the house of Juliet. Then a pleasant stroll along the pedestrianised Via Mazzini to the Arena. It was very hot and our energy was running out at this stage so we took the number 12 bus back to the bus station from the first bus stop in Corso Porta Nuova . Buses 11 13 and 72 also stop here. On reflction, we should have visited more places but maybe next time.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Pete.

8. Re: Bus-stops in Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 15:18