We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer school in Verona.. need advice

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Summer school in Verona.. need advice

Hi, am going to the University of Verona summer language program in August, staying at the Residence Millennium near Porta Vescovo. I have the following questions:

(1) How far is Porta Vescovo from the town centre? Is it a relatively safe area to walk around alone at night??

(2) Is Verona easy to get around public transport?

(3) Can anyone recommend a good beauty salon (manicure/ pedicure/ waxing) in Verona?

(4) Would most shops be closed in Verona during August?

Many thanks!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer school in Verona.. need advice

The Millennium Residence is at a walking distance from Porta Vescovo, and a longer but not difficult walk from the university.

During the day everything ok, during the night... well... not the safest place in the world, but relatively quiet.

You have some busses to go straight to the center, it's quite good, if you can find a bycicle at the Universty, or the bikes free-rented by the county (they have a rental service at the train station and one other close to Piazza Brà), then it's perfect for you.

Not everything will be closed during august, some of the shops are closed rightnow and will be open the next month.

About pedicure, manicure and so on.,.. sorry but it's not my "business" ;)

Davide

London
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer school in Verona.. need advice

Many thanks for your advice, Davide.

Unfortunately I cannot ride a bike (grew up in a city) so what are my other options in terms of getting around Verona? Are buses quite frequent?

How safe is Verona as a city? Seeing that the area around the Millennium Residence is not the safest place at night, what should I look out for?

Are taxis readily available in Verona?

Thanks again!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer school in Verona.. need advice

Verina is generally a quiet city and you can move until midnight quite easily by bus, taxi or feet.

Of course there are better districts than others... but by bus you can go everywhere safely.

4. Re: Summer school in Verona.. need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 00:16