We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Verona

I am taking my Mum to Verona in May 2008 for her 76th birthday and would like to take her somewhere really special for her birthday. Where would you suggest? Expensive is ok, although reasonably simple food would be ideal....I also like the look of the restaurant Perbellini that's been mentioned before....anyone been there?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Perbellini is for sure very nice, not properly in the town, and for sure not SIMPLE food.

Perbellini is probably the best expression of italian food in the surroundings, into the top of Gambero Rosso Guide, wonderful meal and wines, not cheap at all... but again, not simple food.

It's a "Food Art" experience.

Simple food maybe "Il Cenacolo" could be suitable for you.

ristoranteilcenacolo.it/ristorante_eng.htm

Now wait for the answer from Ecosseresurgam...

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Thanks Dave for your guidance. It's always a bit tricky when you've not been somewhere, so great to get some 'first hand' knowledge.

Just wondered when you say 'food art' what you mean exactly...we like Terence Conran/Gordon Ramsay restaurants in the UK, so would this be an appropriate comparison (assuming you know the other 2!).

I've also looked at Il Cenacolo, but this appears to have a set menu of quite a few courses...is this correct?

Cheers

Lesley

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Hi Warwickshire,

Perbellini is located in Isola Rizza which is approx a30 minute drive from Verona centre.

It is very good and so perhaps you might want to consider a taxi there and back.

In Verona there is a 2 star michelin called Il Desco which you might enjoy.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Oops got cut off there.

Given the other 2 restaurants you mention ie Ramsay and Conran then perhaps this is more in line with them.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Hello Ecosseresurgam

Thanks for your thoughts, my only difficulty is that I can't fine a website for Il Desco and wondered if you know it?

Kind regards

warwickshire

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Verona

Hi,

Il Desco street address is:

Via dietro S. Sebastiano 7 - 37121 Verona

Take also a look at this other two in the same street near Piazza Erbe:

- Ristorante Le Arche (Via Arche Scaligere, 6 - Verona) - very good but a little expensive and chic... the website: http://www.ristorantearche.com/

- Osteria Al Duca (Via Arche Scaligere, 2 - Verona) - go here if you want to taste some of the Verona's typical food, Pasticciata di Cavallo (with horse meat) and Polenta above all! Value for money place, and a very warm and popular atmosphere.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Verona

in.news.yahoo.com/070627/137/6hg2h.html

or

ultimateitaly.com/italy-restaurants/il-desco…

Good meal !

8. Re: Restaurants in Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 11:23