We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Verona Accommodation

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Qld
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Budget Verona Accommodation

Hello all

Travelling to Verona in July this year. Am looking for reasonably priced accommodation close to the centre of town, as I will not have a car and am travelling by train.

Have spent ages looking on the net, checking out some of those mentioned in other posts & on expedia, venere etc but I can't find anything in the 60-80 euro range.

Can anyone help?

Ciao

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Doubt that you will. July is the opera season and the historic center is very desirable. The Hotel Torcolo is a good budget option - but not exactly in your price range.

Hotel Torcolo:

http://www.hoteltorcolo.it/

frommers.com/destinations/verona/H34663.html

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187871-d237438…

Contact the Tourist Information Office for assistance:

www.tourism.verona.it

info@laprovinciadascoprire.it

Vagabonda

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

We stayed at Hotel Torcolo from the 25 thru the 27 of jan. It was nice... the rooms are comfortable , and very plain - but clean. The owner of the hotel is a very charming lady, very nice and helpful. She told us that the best pizza in Verona was at la Bella Napoli, which was really good and not touristy at all...

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Why not look at www.alquadrifoglio.it

This is a nice little bed and breakfast within walking distance of the city centre and run by a lovely couple who will enjoy sharing their home with you.

As has been said the opera season bumps hotel prices up however, I am sure that the above will be within your budget.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

You can check here on tripadvisor for reviews about Hotels, Inns, B&B's... all of them with the average price...

Just click on the left side on "Hotels & Accomodations"

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

I'm back... I forgot to mention the location,. it's just off the main sites, very nice location. All the others hotels near to it, are at least twice the price - while in Verona I priced Giullieta e Romeo, and also Colombia ( i think this is the name - just next to Torcolo)- they are nicer accomodations, but we were very comfortable at the Torcolo. Excellent value - and they have fresh squeezed red orange juice at breakfast.

Qld
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Hi all

Thanks for all your help! Sry I haven't replied sooner but have been away in Tassie. Will definitely look into all your suggestions.

Has anyone been to the opera at the Arena? Is it worth it if you have very little (none) Italian under your belt? Also, if you get teh cheapest seats in the stalls can you actually see anything?

Thanks again, Tals

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

A trip to the arena is well worth it and even with no italian all you need do is read a synopsis of the opera before you go.

Even for non opera buffs it is a great experience.

The atmosphere of seeing all those people in such a wonderful setting, all with little candles lit at the start of the performance is spine tingling in itself.

I will never forget my first visit to the arena 20 years ago. It was a truly magical experience.

As have been the many more performances I have seen since.

Enjoy Verona it's a wonderful city.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Colombia... i suppose is the 4 stars Hotel Colomba d'Oro... for sure more expencive than Torcolo.

Oh well... fresh bood-orange juice is the perfect start for a day... but you'll find it practically in every place you go... from Youth Hostel to 5 stars Hotel... passing through B&B's, Pensions, Guesthouses... and so on... :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Oh, excuse my mistake - Colomba D'Oro - yes that is the name of that hotel. And I mentioned the fresh squeezed red orange juice, because it is done right in front of you - cutting the oranges and there,fresh!!! We have been to many different hotels, and most of the places the juices were from a box - which is acceptable. We have been to many places and all kind of hotels , and usually what makes one place more special than the others are little "touches" like the juice being squeezed just for you when you want some, or the little chocolates that misteriously appear on your bed when you come back from dinner... Or when the people where you staying, really make yu feel like a guest in their home. That's how we felt at Torcolo.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Verona Accommodation

Could you tell me something about their restaurant too ??? I mean the restaurant of Torcolo Hotel... shold be named Torcoloti...