We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

I'm organising a trip for twenty Swiss adults in Verona. Most of us know each other and have travelled together many times before.

Group: 20 Swiss adults who attend my English classes in Switzerland. This will be our 10th trip we are taking together.

Hotel: Hotel Mastino

Thursday: Arrival: 12.30 at train station (coming in from Zürich) Tour of Verona in German

Friday: Full day in Venice

Saturday: Sirmeone

Sunday: open Departure: 16.00

I'm looking for ideas about:

- when and where we can do wine tasting and dining at a winery near Verona. (Sat. night or Sunday afternoon?) I've seen Family Mazzi's winery has been recommended.

- transportation for 20 to the winery

- informal, reasonably priced restaurants in Verona for lunch or dinner

- tour guides who speak German for Verona city tour

- Possible dinner with English-speaking Verona locals or tourists. We love to use our English and meet new people!

Except for the hotel, none of our plans are set in stone. Thanks in advance for all your responses!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Contact the Mazzi family directly they can organize dinner and probably even the transport service. friday and saturday nights o sunday lunch (for special requests they organize dinners even in other nights during the week).

Informal restaurants, you've a wide list here in the forum under a specific topic, take a look...

Anyway i suggest Trattoria all'Isolo, Giulietta e Romeo, Al Pero d'Oro, Alla Quercia for very informal and cheap places (but not bad food).

Guided tours... call the tourist board located close to piazza Brà. They have a daily guided tour in english or german with specialized guides. my best suggestion is... take a look at www.verona.com they have a useful guide of all the monuments with a good description available in PDF format, german, italian and english print it in many copies and you'll have all you need fo r a good guided tour around the city.

About a dinner with (bad) english speaking locals... i could join the group... and i'm perfectly local ;)

For addresses and phone numbers, please look at some of the previous messages using the "search" function, or take a look at the FAQs at the beginnig of the forum...

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Thank you David. I will take a look at those restaurants and start making reservations early May.

We would love to have you (and your wife) join us for dinner. I think either Thursday or Saturday evening would work out. As soon as I have the exact itinerary worked out, I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your kind reply.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Update: I've just reserved a tasting and dinner at the Mazzi winery for Saturday night. Thanks for the tip, Dave! By the way, the price is 35 Euros for a four course meal with four different wines.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Do you told Mr. Mazzi that you got the tip from Davide ??? You would get a discount for sure... ;)

It's a joke... well if you get the wine taste during the meal, is a good price (transport included ?), but PRETEND a shot of their grappa for free at the end of the meal, after the 4 wines...

Use my private mail and we'll organize a meeting somewhere for a dinner... :)

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Hello Dave,

No, transport is not included. He said I should find a mini-van and driver. Oh well.

I'll get in touch with you on your email. Thanks for your help!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

I just saw that little envelope at the top of the screen. Sorry about replying so late. I've sent you a message.

Thanks a million, Dave! I've sent Lynn from New Zealand a message too.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

Just an update on my trip planning:

Hotel booked. The Mastino Hotel has been very friendly and cooperative.

Venice German-speaking tour guide booked.

Verona German-speaking tour guide booked.

Note: Verona Tourist office charges 55 Euros more than the tour guide I got through Assoguide. The tourism office also demanded a prepayment whereas the Assoguide agreed to payment upon arrival.

Sat. evening Mazzi Vinyard wine tasting and dinner booked.

Guests: Dave and ??? / Lyn and her New Zealand friends

Now all I need to start booking restaurants for:

Verona: Thurs. lunch and dinner

Venice: Fri. lunch and dinner

Thanks for all your help so far!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

My final itinerary:

May 22:

Arrival at 12.40 by train

Check in at Hotel Mastino

Lunch at Trattoria Giuletta e Romeo

Verona Tour

Dinner at Trattoria All'Isolo

May 23:

To Venice by train.

Venice Tour

Lunch at Corte del Remer: 25 Euros all included

May 24:

8.30: Piazza Bra for Giro de Italia

Bardolino for wine tasting festival or Padua (open to participants)

19.30: Dinner at Mazzi Vineyard. 35 Euros with wine tasting included. We are using the public bus and Radio Taxi for transportation. (Much cheaper than organising a mini-bus for 18 people)

May 25:

open

Departing at 15.43 by train.

Thank you, David, for making this all possible!

9. Re: Itinerary for large group in Verona: May 22-25, 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 07:22