We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Veneto-Verona

miguel92
4 posts
Save Topic
7 days in Veneto-Verona

Dear friends.

Im going to travel to Veneto with my wife the days July the 20-30. I would to install us in a beautiful little city/village's center. My idea is rent a car for one-day tryps to another important cities in the Veneto ( Verona,Vicenza...) and little walks in afternoons (dinning) in the historical hotel city's center.

Is a good idea o is better to move in bus/train and search hotel into center of greats cities? Can you recommend me an interesting little city with this characteristics? And Can you recommend me an hotel/apartment in the city?

Thanks for your kidness.

Miguel

Verona, Lake Garda...
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Hi there,

Verona is the best option to go around the region. Well served by trains and you have Lake Garda nearby.

But if you intend to get a car an use it for 10 days then I would stay outside Verona and probably move toward Valpolicella.

Max

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Given the dates you want to stay, then hotels in Verona will be rather expensive given the opera season which is under way.

Valpolicella area is only a 10-15 minute drive to Verona and so would be better really and an ideal base too.

What is your budget for the hotel that way I can perhaps point you in a few directions.

Verona, Lake Garda...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

And I was worried that people culd consider me biased because I tried to get people to Valpolicella...lol

I am in good company!

Max

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Max of course you are in good company when trying to get people to visit our lovely Valpolicella region.

I also live and work there for a good part of my time now.

I just hope that we can persuade lots of people that the area is really wonderful and not spoiled by mass tourism like so many other areas.

I hope that between us all Dave,Franci and yourslef that we can make people see that we have great food, even better wines, genuine kind locals, amazing views, hilltop villages, olive groves, vineyards, sunflowers, rows of cypress trees and of course beautiful Verona.

Most of the description could also fit Tuscany but then they did more to promote and are now over filled with mass tourism.

Valpolicella can be summed up by reading the excellent book Ville, Valle & Vini amongst others.

Villas, Valleys and Wines.

Valpolicella is a must for anyone looking to explore a very special part of Italy.

An excellent base to get to Verona, Venice, Milan, Lake Garda, Parma, Mantova and the dolomites.

What more can one ask for??

We are so lucky to live in such a wonderful place and adore sharing it with others too.

Viva Verona & Viva La Valpolicella.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

My preference is to spend at least a night in every city. This offer the possibility of enjoying local food (that can vary a lot from a city to another, even in the same region), walk at night around the beautifully illuminated monuments, not having to drive the next day to a given destination, having the hotel nearby in case weather changes or I buy something heavy enough to be difficult to carry around all day, etc. If you fly in Milano, you could spend 1 night in Cremona, 1-2 in Matova, 1-2 in Verona, 1 in Padova and the rest in Venice and move around by train.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

I guess Franci it's me, Eco... or am i wrong? LOL, it's only you that call me that way, plus a couple of people in reality!-

Anyway, not to disappoint the Valpolicella lovers (i'm among them, anyway) but only to add a difefrent point of you to the original poster (I, too, would love to make base in a little town and then move by car, without having to move leggages every day) i can suggest 2 wonderful walled towns:

1) Soave. Wine, castle, medieval walls, quiet, hills, A4 higway quite close.

2) Montagnana. probably the best walled town i ever saw, not at all crowded with tourists, homeland of a "sweet" raw ham to die for. A little far from the higway, but quite central in the regione.

Have a look at both-

Ciao

Francesco..... or Franci?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Yes it's you Franci!!lol

I agree with both your suggestions as great alternatives.

So now Miguel has got lots to look at.

I would not want to spend time packing and unpacking either especially to visit so many places which are really all very close.

But then we are all different.

I just don't feel that you get a good feel for a place if you are constantly on the move especially all in the same region.

So with the exception of Venice I would take a base and visit the other cities from there and that is what Miguel seems to want and plan to do.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Montagnana ???

Enjoy the excellent Prosciutto Crudo DOP !!!

miguel92
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

Thanks, friends. Greats Advices...

I search into apartments, b&b, hotels... close to Volpolicella and I reserve a room close to Vicenza. The name of villa is "Villa Passini" http://www.villapasini.com/eng/index.html

What is your honest opinion? If is necesary use my private e-mail.

Miguel

10. Re: 7 days in Veneto-Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Verona