We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Verona day trip only

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to Verona day trip only

Hi, I wonder if anyone would be able to help me.

My children want to visit Verona to fsmous attrations , one being Romeo and juliet. Children also love shops, markets ( noveltys ) resturants. I would not like to be walking for hours, lost! any suggestions?! 2 adults 3 children 15. 12 & 8.

We are in Venice for 2 days then onto Lido for 6 days.

Many Thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

hello pinkangel6:

Verona is a medieval city very attractive,

Tipical you may visit the House of Juliet, where is the Juliet balcony and a bronze statue Juliet, where everyone takes photos touching the left breast, as a sign of good luck. (As the coin is pulled into the Trevi Fountain in Rome), jajajaja!

Please go to the Arena or Bra, amphitheater dedicated to representations òpera. I think the best preserved of Italy, at least compared to the Coliseum.

And of course do not forget to walk along these streets of other times ... your kids like it very much.

Good Trip

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,844 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

It is only about 1and 1/2 hours by train, it is worth it, but use one of the Lido days, your need the 2 days for Venice,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

You will definitely not exhaust Venice, let alone the northern islands, in 2 days. My grandchildren greatly enjoyed the voyages out to Murano, Burano and Torcello.

However an easy journey on a No 1 water bus from the Lido to Ferrovia, the landing stage immediately in fornt of the Santa Lucia station. Lots of trains from Venice to Verona, see www.trenitalia,it for timetables

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

There is a lot more to Verona than Romeo and Juliet.

In my opinion the only thing Will S did for us was to coin the phrase "There is no world without Verona's Walls"

Which in my mind says just how much I adore this wonderful city and how much I agree with Romeo on that one!!!!

However, once you have done the R&J bit (for the kids of course!)then do be sure to visit the Arena (that should also take some energy out of them 9.

In a day obviously you won't have time to do a great deal and Verona has so many wonderful churches to visit.

However, take a walk from the arena down Via Roma to Castelvecchio. From there a nice stroll along the river cutting back into Piazza delle Erbe. Here they will find some little market stalls selling all kinds of junk (unfortunately).

Tucked behind Piazza delle Erbe you will find one of the cities most beautiful squares Piazza Dei Signori (Piazza Dante)

A trip to the top of the Torre Lamberti will give you some great views of the city.

Also la scala della ragione is well worth a look.

Castel San Pietro, the roman theatre, giardini giusti, San Zeno, Sant'Anastasia, Santa Maria in Organo, Il duomo so many places to see and so little time.

But hey it's well worth it to get a taste for Verona City of Love and city of great beauty.

You can always come back for another trip and base here giving you a chance to explore the fantastic Valpolicella region too with its wonderful wines.

Enjoy.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

In the opinion of many guests i had in my house... a "Verona to Venice day trip only" was much better than the reverse ;)

But probably they was ppl avoiding the caos, the rows and the mass...

I suppose that childrens will like a visit to the Castle with the new paths all around (Castelvecchio), a visit to the Arena and a landscape view from the top of Lamberti's Tower located in Piazza Erbe.

Then some relax... a good ice cream... some wine for the adults... and back to Venice.

6. Re: Venice to Verona day trip only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Verona