We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona Opera experts: What section?

Florida
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Verona Opera experts: What section?

We have decided on purchasing reserved seats for Aida, but are debating upon purchasing the POLTRONCINE NUMERATE DI GRADINATA for 94 Euro or the POLTRONCINE NUMERATE DI GRADINATA LATERALE for 73 Euro. Are the Laterale tickets on the side of the stage almost as good for 21 Euro less?

Thank you for your opinions.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona Opera experts: What section?

with the gradinata laterale you've the risk to be to much on the aside of the stage... take the other ones and ask for a central position.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona Opera experts: What section?

I've never been to an opera in Verona, but I have a definite preference for opera and ballet - the centre of the front row of the first balcony. There is nobody blocking your vision and you're far enough back from the stage to take in the entire spectacle.

For both these art forms this selection gives you the best seat in the house.

BTW, I don't know how familiar you are with Aida, but if you don't know the opera well, you can go to www.amazon.com to get a libretto in English. Personally, I would get a single volume with a number of libretti and photocopy the Aida pages to take with you.

I think you're going to have a fabulous time.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona Opera experts: What section?

We were there last week and were in the numerate gradinata, row 7 seats 101 ans 103 (which were together it is done odd one side even the other) and we felt they were very good seats. I) would not pay the extra for the poltrone gold on the floor (and therefore flat and I am short). I would say the extra 21 euro was worth it. You do not have to rush dinner when you have a numbered seat as you only need to get there 15 minutes before the performance. Enjoy the spectecale. Ciao

4. Re: Verona Opera experts: What section?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:22
Get answers to your questions about Verona
Recent Conversations