We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

Hello friends! On my way to Venice from Lake Como I would like to stop at Verona. Is it possible to stop for a few hours and then head onward to Venice or would we need to spend the night there?

We plan on using public transportations whether that be buses or trains.

If we could just go to Verona for a few hours does anyone know if there are storage lockers at a transportation center to ditch our luggage for a little?

And since we are on this topic- what is the mode of transportation to get to/from these places?

Thanks SO much

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

Hello blr5004

train travel in Italy is the best way to get around. go to the Trenitalia site to get an idea of train options from wherever you are staying on Lake Como to Verona.

www.trenitalia.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

Use any date a few days from now to get an idea of trains and cost.

there is a left luggage storage place at Verona's train station (Porta Nuova )

you can take a bus to the city center or walk too.

If you are planning to stay awhile and see some sights you may want to consider buying a Verona card at the IT (tourist information) at the train station. An one-day pass is 10 euro and includes transportation, museum and church entrance fees.

www.comune.verona.it/turismo/veronacard.htm

train time from Verona to Venice is an hour and 11 minutes on the ES city train and the last one is at 9:30ish or there is a regionale train that take 1 1/2 hours and departs at 10:18 pm. Look at Trenitalia to get an idea of frequency of trains.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

That was perfect information! It seems like we will be able to stop for a quick day-trip on the way to Venice. Thanks so much! I can't wait

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

Ok now that I have finalized plans I need help getting from Lake Como (specifically Bellagio) to Verona. I have been searching the sites and I know I take the train, but doesn anyone know if I am going to have to transfer trains or can I find a direct one?

I wouldn't mind connecting if it was faster/cheaper/more convenient, etc...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,962 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

There are no trains from Bellagio, as there is no railway line. Take the ferry the short distance to Varenna, and a train from there. You will need to change in Milan to get to Verona.

You can get information from the Trenitalia site referenced in reply #1.

Edited: 16 April 2010, 01:29
5. Re: Lake Como to Venice, stop in Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Verona