We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

Hello,

Where is a good place to park a car to be near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night? Please give the address I can punch in into the GPS. Also, how do we pay for parking? We'll be there only for a couple of hours and I would prefer to pay by cash or with a credit card.

I looked at this website suggested on trip advisor, but it is prompting me for password:

…verona.it/veronaforkids/…pagComemimuovo.htm

Thanks in advance!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

probably the nearest and best carpark would be the one in Piazza Isolo.

Via Ponte Pignolo, 6/c, Verona .

From there just a short stroll along the river, over the bridge, down Via Stella and turn right into Via Capello where the balcony is.

When you say Sunday night , remember that the balcony closes at around 7 p.m. .

You can pay cash, don't know about credit cards as it is something I have never considered using to pay 2 hours carpark!!!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

Watch out, you can reach Piazza Isolo by car only if the limited traffic zone is open (a green arrow on the lighted shield will tell yuo that you can get in) otherwise you'll get a "nice but not funny" 76 euro ticket...

I think that on sunday... you'll spend 2 hours just to find a parking place... try along the river (where yellow+blue lines you can park only until 8 p.m. then only residents can park).

M honest opinion ??? Forget the horrible tourist trap aka Juliet's House and visit the castle (Castelvecchio) you can park at Arsenale Parking (right in front of the back of the castle, cross castle's bridge and you're deep in town or visit San Zeno Abbey parking right in front of the Church (Piazza San Zeno)... 2 hours spent in a much better way (just my personal opinion).

Enjoy anyway your short stay.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

There are many carparks in the city and as the poster asked about Juliet's Balcony (we may love it or hate it but it is what brings some tourists to Verona).the I am giving the info asked for.

Another car park you can consider and perhaps better as I pressume you will be arriving from the motorway, would be Parking Arena.

I would head towards piazza Bra leave the car in the Arena Car Park and from there walk through piazza bra down the main shopping street Via Mazzini and from there you are only 100 yards into Via Capello where the balcony is.

From the Arena car park it should take you no more than 15 mins to walk.

You can also take short cuts but this is the most direct route.

4. Re: Parking near Casa di Giulietta on a Sunday night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 05:18