We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central accommodation

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
central accommodation

We are staying in Verona for only 2 nights in August and want to stay somewhere very central and close to everything. We have not been there before. Can someone advise on a place to stay.

Regards,

Annie

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: central accommodation

You can check the reviews here on tripadvisor, follow the link on the left column "Verona Hotels", you'll find a lot of suggestions about Hotels, Inns, B&Bs...

We can not give you one name, would be considered a commercial and this is not allowed on tripadvisor's forums.

2. Re: central accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 15:40
Italy
Level Contributor
256 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: central accommodation

I hope this helps you? I have spent the day on the web, trawling through accommodation in central Verona. Most of it displayed rooms I could never suggest spending time in, even asleep!

Take a look at some that I regard as possibles, reasonably priced and reasonably presented by going to venere.com/bandb/…location

Also suggest looking at www.residenzasanfaustino.it

This place has good reviews. L'Ospite di Federica Rossi It's not to my taste but I am ancient!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: central accommodation

For my personal experience the way italians write reviews about italian locations and accomodations are much+much+much worst than every other citizen of the world.

If we could spend a cent, we would use it to offend ourselves rather than improve and promote our hospitality.

In Verona you can find many reasonably priced rooms, from Guesthouses to luxury Hotels (ok... luxury hotels not so reasonably priced ;) ).

B&Bs are a good average system for a decent clean room, a nice breakfast, at an usually honest rate. But it's to new for italian minds, not used to live in other's houses... at least in Italy... with other people (guests and hosts) in the same corridors, living room and so on...

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: central accommodation

Hi Anne,

Here are just a few places you may want to consider.

Bear in mind that August will be a bit more expensive in hotyels as the arena opera seaon will bhe in full swing.

I will list a couple which are reasonably priced and very central.

www.residenceanticosanzeno.it

Just a stones throw from the wonderful San Zeno Cathedral and a short stroll along the river to Via Roma and Piazza Bra.

Lovely rooms with nice local stone features and a bit of character.

www.hotelverona.it

A nice functional 3 star hotel just a short 5 minute walk from the arena.

Rooms have no frills but are very clean and a good base for a short stay.

Good professional welcome.

www.accademiavr.it

This is a 4 star right in the centre of the main shopping area.

There are many others obviously but there are just a few ideas to get started.

Please pop back if you need anything else and we will be happy to share our wonderful city with you.

6. Re: central accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 05:16