We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do with just one day?

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
what to do with just one day?

We are planning to take the train from Venice to Verona for just one day during our short vacation. We are looking at going on a Sunday. What do you recommend we do with this one day while in Verona? Is there a recommended itinerary or places we must see and eat while we are there?

Thanks

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do with just one day?

hi PackLitely

once you arrive at the train station look for the IT office and purchase a Verona Card, costs €10 for one day includes entrance to museums, churches and other sites. It also includes the bus. You will get literature that tells you what sites it covers. You can walk or take the bus from the train station to the city center.

this website not only give details of the Verona card but also suggested walking itineraries. (left hand side of the page)

The arena is a must and the churches are beautiful. I had a Rick Steves guidebook that I used for an itinerary. I ate at a wonderful place for lunch

Osteria Giulietta e Romeo, Corso S. Anastasia 27, it is close to the duomo.

www.comune.verona.it/turismo/veronacard.htm

Verona is also a great place to shop!

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do with just one day?

Read here, too: …virtualtourist.com/m/tp/1800b9/1/22618/0/

And follow the link to the walking tours.

Ciao

Francesco

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do with just one day?

Hi PackyLitely, I'm very interested in your post as I will also be doing a one day trip to Verona from Venice in April.

From everything I have read the Verona Card seems to be the way to go, would folks on TA agree?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do with just one day?

thanks everyone!

we have the rick steve's europe book and he covers venice, but not verona. i know he covers verona in the Italy book but really don't want to but the book just for verona. The walking itineraries you linked to are very helpful - I was looking for something that can help guide us along our day/walks.

Caffe - do you mind sharing the highlights that Rick's tour recommends for Verona? Just wondering how it compares to the other suggestions. I know he normally hits the big attractions and some things off the beaten path.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do with just one day?

Hi Packlitely

I had a copy of Rick's Venice book which had all the details.

I actually borrowed it from my local library. : )

It has been a few years since I have been in Verona but I do remember visiting the Arena and the Duomo. I just can't remember what else!

sorry can't be more help

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do with just one day?

Why don't you read (and print the part you like of) the VT Verona guide?

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Italy/Venet…

1,968 Tips and Reviews

4,039 Photos

2 Videos

I doubt any book has so much...

Ciao

Francesco

7. Re: what to do with just one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2012, 05:36