We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B deposit

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
B&B deposit

Hi,

I've been searching for a B&B/cheaper hotel in Verona close to the Arena for 1 night in June (Opera season) for days but everywhere seems fully booked! I finally found a B&B right next the The Arena with availability but strangely i can't find it listed on Tripadvisor - just a few reviews on Google.

The owner has asked me for a 40 euro deposit for the 1 night stay to be transferred to his bank account which he's given me the account number for.

I'm a bit worried about doing this and i wondered if anyone had any experience of this or advice?

The B&B is B&B Leoncino - website http://www.bebleoncino.com/ - there is a B&B Leoncino on here but it's in Brescia, not Verona.

Thanks.

Sarah

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,062 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B deposit

A deposit of this kind is quite usual.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B deposit

I was asked for a deposit like this for a b7b and it was going to cost me about £25 to sent this by bank transfer which is out of the question for such a small deposit. I emailed the B&B owner several times and in the end she agreed to me sending her an English cheque for the deposit and said she would not cash it until or unless we didnt show up. We go in one week's time and she has been true to her word and hasn't cashed it. If she does then I fear that she will incurr bank charges not me.

It is a difficult thing for both sides for such a small deposit where the B&B doesnt have a card machine.

Hope you get this sorted amicably.

Beverley

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B deposit

I booked a B&B in Verona just a couple of days ago and gave them my credit card details so they could take the first night cost as a deposit.

No sign of them on TA either, but i am very confident everything will be fine, seems most if not all B&B's require a deposit.

You would get it back i assume if you cancel in the appropriate time frame.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,902 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B deposit

bjb - 25 pounds for a bank transfer??? I'd change my bank

I have online banking with RBS and a German bank and make regular various transfers and charges are no where near 25 quid. My son (16) has an HSBC online account (in the UK) and does not pay anything like that.

Bank transfers in europe (yes we are all in euros but it has always been the case - even in the times of Lira (Italy) and Schilings (Austria)) are quite normal country to country for Hotel/B&B deposits

5. Re: B&B deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Verona
Recent Conversations