We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids in Verona?

USA
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kids in Verona?

We will be spending next April or May in Verona with our 5 and 3 year old kids. Is this a kid-friendly town? Are there a lot of parks and playgrounds? What are some good suggestions for Verona and the region for kids these ages?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids in Verona?

Into the city you have some parks not really huge things, but they can play at Arsenale or Raggio di Sole gardens.

Not far from Verona, close to the Lake Garda you have many different possibilities, from the Safari Park to Movieland, Sea World many others "action parks" and finally Gardaland.

Unfortunately i have to admit to myself that the city isn't properly "kids-friendly" with some small exception...

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,897 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids in Verona?

Can you possibly expand upon what "kid friendly" means to you?

Italians love children, and most restaurants are happy to accomodate them (and vice versa!)

The streets of Verona are flat, though cobbled, a child with GOOD parents can have gelato every day, and walk over the bridges and see the markets and the Roman Arena.

I think it would be fine.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids in Verona?

Just resurrecting this old post....I will be in Verona with a 3 and 5 year old this September/October. To the OP (or dave): any advice?

Grimsby, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids in Verona?

I took my kids to Verona for the first time at that age, they enjoyed the sights, running round the squares, the food, the ice creams! They even enjoyed Juliets house! Lots of walking so I took a puschair and probably will again this year even though my youngest is now 6, makes for less moaning!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids in Verona?

Hello,

I live in Verona, I have an Agrtiruismo and I have 3 children and I'm sorry because I'don't speak well Englisch.

April or May

are the perfect months to visit Verona. Well done, good choice! What to do in Verona with your children? I could write a long book along.

A Verona city there are many playgrounds to rest after visiting the city. As monuments to children really like Castel Vecchio, the Lamberti tower and of course the Museum of natural history.

I leave you a couple of sites to watch. I am here for you and ask me any questions. Best regards,

Monica

Agriturismo Altobello

…verona.it/veronaforkids/eng/pagVerona.htm

http://www.parconaturaviva.it/index.php

6. Re: Kids in Verona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:18