We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona to Como - train or car w/stops

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
423 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Verona to Como - train or car w/stops

We are looking to transfer from Verona to Como. I originally planned to go via train, but looking at the maps I was wondering if we shouldn't get a driver and plan some stops along the way - maybe at Bergamo or some area wineries.

Obviously cost is much more if driving, so my question is, would the stop at Bergamo and the drive be interesting enough (in your opinion) to merit the extra time and cost?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona to Como - train or car w/stops

rent a car, drive it and in a couple of hours you'll be in Como (if the traffic will allow it).

Wineries you have all the Franciacorta around Brescia first of all... (our Champagne land).

But if you take some time for wineries and landscape, then you have to plan at least a couple of days fo reach Como

2. Re: Verona to Como - train or car w/stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:17