We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Hi,

i would like to present you my itinerary for a 5 days trip to Verona and the surroundings.

We will arrive on the 28th of March,early in the morning around 7 o'clock in Verona I intend to spend the whole day in verona, stroll and admire the beauty of the town.

29th of march: I would go to Sirmione and Lago si garda to visit and admire the ladscape.

30th of March, visit to venezia, the whole day, just to get a taste of the tawn.

31st of march day trip to Mantova, i saw that the city is surrounded by lakes and I guess it's an interesting trip.

!st of april, half a day walk in verona and then head to the airport. Do you think this is doable? has anyone done that before?

Thanks

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Hi, to be honest, I think four different places in five days is too much.

If you intend to stay in Verona and only take day trips to each place then it's do-able, but whether or not it would be enjoyable is an entirely personal decision based on the kind of trips you like to take.

You will be there over Easter weekend which could be quite busy, and Easter Monday is a holiday so some attractions may be closed.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Everything could be doable.

I'd go to Peschiera instead of Sirmione (unless you have a specific goal),

rent a bike and reach Mantova. If you think to get to tired for the return, you can jump over some buses with the bike.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

we don't have any specific goal, i just read about Sirmione that it's nice, other than that I don't know any info about any of them. I like nature, this is why I want to go to lake garda. i will check and see if the two can be reached with bicycle also. it would be great if we can rent one. Thank you all for recommendations.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Hi, I can't be sure but I think Aussies11 is suggesting cycling from Peschiera to Mantova (and not from Verona to Mantova). There's a 40km cycle path between Peschiera and Mantova:

…bonavoglia.eu/itinerari/mn_peschiera.html

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

40 km is quite a lot. I think it's better if we can cycle between Peschiere and Sirmione as the distance is shorter.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Not sure if there is a cycling track to Sirmione.

For a short ride you could choose Peschiera to Borghetto of Valeggio s. Mincio

Nearby is the Parco Sigurta` with hundreds of giants trees from many part of the world. The entrance ticket is quite high (16 Euro?) but there is no limit of stay and you will not get bored.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

No, most of the ride from Sirmione to Peschiera would be on the main road, with hardly any views, and only a short distance on paths. If you are wanting to see more of Lake Garda you could think about getting a ferry from Sirmione across to the eastern shore, Garda, Bardolino or Lazise. From any of these towns you could then get the bus back to Verona.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

Thanks a lot for all this info. I appreciate it

9. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 20:05
10. Re: Verona ,Lago di Garda, Venezia and mantova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 05:16