We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

I am traveling in August with my husband and we are considering motoring from La Spezia to Verona to stop over for a night on our way to Venice, and would like to know the best route to travel with some interesting places or sights to stop at on our way.

What length of time should we allow for this trip?

Rosa

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,268 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

Use www.viamichelin.com, by far the best and most user-friendly itinerary planner available on the web.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

By fast route (Autostrada9 it's around 3 hours. How much would you like to stop.

The beautiful Parma is along the way, but it's not so little so you have to wast time to reach and leave the center.

Mantova, too, is along the higway, and easy to reach (it's quite little.. for being a province capital)...

Ciao

Francesco

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

Thank you FF & Effeti for the info. I have gone onto www.viamichelin.com and have now basically planned my trip with stopover in Parma & Verona and forward motoring onto Venice -

What a great site & very user friendly.

We plan to stay in a B&B accom and wondered if with local knowledge you have any suggestions which would be easily acessible to Verona from motorway.

Ciao Rosa

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,268 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

Although I don't have direct experience of B&B's in that area, I can recommend this site www.bed-and-breakfast.it, which once again is very user friendly and well done.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

Check www.bed-and-breakfast.it and under Verona you'll find a huge list of B&B with all the informations.

Otherwise here on tripadvisor check under "Verona Hotels" on the left side of this forum... then take a look at the B&B reviews.

Welcome to Verona.

Davide & Giusy

6. Re: Travelling from La Spezia to Verona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 17:16