We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport for Verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best airport for Verona

Can anyone advise what is the best alternative airport for Verona, apart from Verona itself, please? We are going for a weekend trip to the opera and the Flights to Verona itself are expensive. I presume we could go to Venice or Bergamot and take train or car? Would appreciate any advise, thanks.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,341 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport for Verona

All I know is Verona is on the main rail line between Milan and Venice, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting there once you get to a train station .Milan Malpensa Airport is connected to the Milano Centrale station by train and bus. I have never flown into Linate or Bergamo airports but assume they also have some sort of shuttle to nearest rail line (check airport websites for links to local transport providers).

When you talk about flying into Venice are you talking about actually flying into Venice Marco Polo AIrport (VCE), which in my experience can be rather expensive, or are you talking about a nearby airport some of the low-cost carriers use (perhaps Treviso)?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,925 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport for Verona

Check flights with www.ryanair.com Dublin to Venice Treviso airport.

Bus Treviso airport to Venice Mestre www.atvo.it

Train Venice Mestre to Verona www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Veneto region www.italia.it/en/home.html

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,595 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport for Verona

The closest international airports to Verona, other than Verona, are Venice Marco Polo (121 km) / Bergamo Orio Al Serio (121 km), Treviso (138 km), Bologna (142 km), Parma (150 km), Milan Linate (163 km), Milan Malpensa (200 km)....

Ryanair to BERGAMO is a better connection than to Treviso, as it has a bus to Brescia from where it is only 34 mins by train to Verona Porta Nuova. From Treviso Centrale, it takes 1h34 changing in Mestre or 1h38 via Vicenza.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airport for Verona

Thanks for all the advice. It seems that for whatever reason flying directly to Verona is more expensive, particularly in high season. It's approximately €300 pp versus €200 for most of the alternatives.

However as we are going for a short trip, we have decided its worth it to go directly to Verona.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airport for Verona

Once you add in the cost of getting from Milan Bergamo to Verona plus the journey time of at least 2 hours I think you are making the right choice. There is a shuttle bus from the airport to the centre of Verona running every 20 mins.

http://www.aeroportoverona.it/en/aerobus_t2

6. Re: Best airport for Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:19