We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Verona.

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Verona.

Any idea cost of train from Verona to Venice, and Verona to Florence. Are these direct journeys?

Or would you recommend driving to either places. Thanks.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Verona.

www.trenitalia.com Click the UK flag and use a date within the next 7 days to see local trains fares. Why would you drive if there is a train?

From Venice to Bologna and Florence you could also check on www.italotreno.it Trenitalia's private competitor on high speed routes.

Local trains tickets bought at the station must be validated (date stamped) before boarding.

Discounted tickets for high speed trains are not refundable. On trenitalia.com the BASE fare is the walk-up price you would pay buying the ticket at the last minute.

Hope it helps, ciao!

Edited: 03 July 2014, 10:14
dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Verona.

Great stuff, thanks for that.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Verona.

When looking for fast direct trains from Verona Porta Nuova to Florence on the Trenitalia website, enter Firenze Campo di Marte as your destination.

Unusually, direct trains from Verona do not call at Florence's main train station Firenze S. M. Novella, which is where the trains from Florence to Roma Termini and Venice leave from.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 10:50
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Verona.

And Venice's main station is called Venezia S. Lucia.

dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Verona.

Just checked out those websites that you sent me. When you ask, why would you drive, we are a family of 5 and if i checked the site correctly it would cost over 200.00 euro return from Verona to Venice. I have heard of cheaper prices, any other suggestions. Thanks.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Verona.

Can you please let us know when are you planning to travel and how old are your children? Maybe promo fares are sold out.

dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains from Verona.

We can travel to either place, any day between 23.07.14 and 30.07.14, kids are 21, 17 and 14. Thanks.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains from Verona.

I've just checked for tomorrow as you can't see all fares more than 7 days in advance. Five adults can go from Verona to Venice S. Lucia on Regionale nr. 20827 that leaves at 12:44. You would pay 42.75 Euros (8.55 per person) one way. Return doubles.

Consider that there are many Regionale trains every day, 8 leave to Venice before 9:00 AM.

By car you would pay 23.57 € (gas 15.17, tolls 8.4), plus the cost of the rental and the parking in Venice. I agree it's cheaper, but I can't understand how did you get those 200 Euros.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 11:49
dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trains from Verona.

Thanks for all that, you are so helpful. I must have done something wrong, on the link that you sent me.

These prices that you quoted, are they pre-book prices or pay at station on departrure prices, do you know?

Any chance you letting me know how you got these, as i would love to price also how much for us to travel from Verona to Florence. Slan.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trains from Verona.

These are regional trains tickets (Regionale or Regionale Veloce in Italian) you'll pay 8.55 € on line or at the counter, 7 days or 7 minutes before departure makes no difference. You'd better buy these tickets at the station. If you go to trenitalia.com, click the UK flag and choose a date within the next 7 days you'll see all regiomal trains fares and schedules.

Only high speed trains offer discounted, non refundable, tickets for advanced purchases. These fares are called economy and supereconomy on trenitalia.com Avoid Cartafreccia Special as you don't have the fidelity card.

For the journey to Florence, on trenitalia write From: Verona Porta Nuova, to: Firenze (Tutte Le Stazioni)

Select a date and an hour (e.g 7 ), then click on search.