We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket pick-up procedure

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Train ticket pick-up procedure

Hello,

I purchased tickets online, and for some reason the pick up procedure for the return ticket is different from the ticket to destination -self-service. Maybe I did not select e-ticket for this leg, assuming it was enough to set it up once. My question is can it be changed at this point, i.e can I print the ticket somehow? If not, what is the process of retrieving it "self- service"? Thank you very much!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,583 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train ticket pick-up procedure

I seem to remember reading somewhere that e-ticketing is not possible (leaving self-service the only option) for a non-direct international ticket from Italy - does that correspond to the situation for the trip covered by this ticket? If so, the system would not have allowed you to select e-ticketing.

Anyway, I believe you can't change it after the event (even if there is no such restriction). To retrieve the ticket you have to use one of the machines in an Italian station: you will need the PNR you get in the e-mail, together with your name (but I believe not the credit card you used to purchase online). See seat61.com/…Self-service_ticket_machines

Edited: 17 July 2014, 18:03
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,782 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train ticket pick-up procedure

Self-service is still the norm for International journeys from Italy.

However It is probable that your return ticket is for one of the German trains running through Verona. While e-ticketing is now possible for journeys entirely within Italy on Swiss trains, this is not yet possible for the German trains.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train ticket pick-up procedure

Thank you both for such prompt response. The travel is in Italy on both legs of the journey, but different trains. Anyway, I will try to pront out the ticket at Porta Nuova before the train. I assume, I do mot need to validate the ticket on the platform?

Thanks for your help.

4. Re: Train ticket pick-up procedure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Verona