We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona in December

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
322 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Verona in December

We are planning to go to Verona in the middle of december, the first question is how cold is normally at that time of the year? We also want to visit Merano and Bressanone for a day trip which is the best way to do it, by car or by train? Our trip continues to Munich so it good be a good idea to spend one night in Bolzano instead of Verona? We tried to see some hotels in Bolzano but I couldn t find availability for just one night (we are 6 persons) Thank you very much for your help.

If someone have another itinerary suggestion please let me know.

Saludos

CA
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona in December

Luftansa has a 1 hour flight Verona to Munich.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
322 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona in December

Thank you very much Francophool, My plan is going to Munich by train, because the cost is practically the same and I have to be at least 1 hour before at the airport plus 1 hour flight plus 20 minutes waiting for our luggage and then 40 minutes by train to the city center.

The non sptop train takes 3:49 hours and leave us at the Munich main train station which is 1 km to our hotel.

My doubt is if its convenient to spend one night in Bolzano after visiting Merano and Bressanone or come back to Verona.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona in December

Look at the map: if you plan to visit Bressanone (or Brixen) you are midway to munich. So, a stop there would make a lot of sense. Nice little town, too

Verona mid Dec is fantastic... We celebrate St. Lucy (Dec 13th) as the saints bringing gifts to children (nit Santa, etc) so the shop and stalls in Piazza Bra are at the best....

Min Temps usually a little over zero as But may vary a lot

Ciao

Francesco

Kerry
Level Contributor
329 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona in December

Hi Francesco, I agree with you, Verona is wonderful in December. Great market in Piazza Bra and the Christmas lights and huge star also. Lots of fun too for the children on Santa Lucia. It's a few years since I visited at that time so I must come again!

Ciao

Ammber

14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona in December

Hi Effeti, I am planning to go to Verona, Venice, Milan in this mid to late December. In addition to city sightseeing, I am also interested to go to nearby outdoor area like Trentino and Dolomites. Do you know if the trekking trails in Trentino are still open in December? Is it possible to go by public transport on our own instead of joining local tours? Thanks a lot.

Nashville
Level Contributor
181 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona in December

Francesco -- We will be in Verona the first week of December. Will the Christmas/St Lucia market be set up that early? Many thanks.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Verona in December

12smile

Trekking in december? Well, at low altitudes maybe yes... Or it would be a disaster for sky lovers

Going by public transport should be possible but neither easy nor fast. But I really have no idea. Apart organized sky tours, for a day on the snow my car is by far the best solution.

Ciao

Francesco

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Verona in December

Fist week? Hard to say, but I'd say mostly no. probably the first stalls will appear for that wee-end, though.

Good luck

Ciao

Francesco

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verona in December

Can you recommend some good restaurants open for Christmas Day?

10. Re: Verona in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2015, 05:16