We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

verona to venice by train

Lebanon, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
verona to venice by train

If I bought an on line train ticket on trenitalia web site from verona to venice, can I stop at padova for 2 hrs and then take the train to venice, using the same ticket? Thank you

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: verona to venice by train

Ask the train guys on the train forum,...they are magicians♡

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: verona to venice by train

Only if you bought a ticket for Regional trains, which you can only do online within seven days of travel.

If, as I suspect, you bought a ticket for a Frecciabianca train, then it is valid only for one specific seat on one specific train.

However there is nothing to stop you getting off in Padua, and buying a Regional ticket from Padova to Venezia S. Lucia for only €4.05 from any station, from a ticket machine if you want to avoid lines. The tickets are OK on any Regionale/Regional Veloce train for 60 days so must be validated before use. They can't be used on any train with reserved seats, but the Regionale Veloce trains take under 30 minutes so that's hardly a problem.

Lebanon, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: verona to venice by train

Dear Prelizia,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I still have a problem.My husband, I and my 2 kids will start our trip in milan. We will be arriving in Milan Linate airport at 10 20 pm on september 3 and plan to do lake como early in the morning at 7: 52. We like to buy Girolario con trenord which is a combo ticket including trains and boats. Milan to Lecco by train . Lecco to Bellagio by boat . Bellagio to como by boat. Como to Milan by train. I was trying to by this kind of ticket on line but it is not available. It is available in Milano centrale train station in the ticket machinrs or ticket offices. Since we are arriving late the ticket offices are closed. Is it safe to visit the train station at night and by our tickets from the machine?

I like to have my tickets before the day of our trip.

Is there a way to buy them on line?

Thank you

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,223 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: verona to venice by train

I can see no way to buy them online, and Milano Centrale ticket office doesn't sell them, though Trenord (but not Trenitalia) ticket machines at that station sell them, and ticket offices at other central Milan stations sell them - according to trenord.it/it/…girolario.aspx

It would be physically safe to purchase from ticket machines at nearly midnight, but watch your belongings like a hawk and do not let people 'help' you at the machine.

Lebanon, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: verona to venice by train

Thank you very much. I will try to buy them from Milano central at midnight from the ticket machines or buy them in the early morning from Garibaldi train station from the ticket offices.

Manchester, U.K.
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: verona to venice by train

Perilizia

I am hoping to have a day trip on Monday 18 August from Verona to Venice. I have seen quoted on the forum a price of 9 euros each way but when I check the Rail Europe website it is saying £19.50.

Is there a cheaper option than £19.50 each way?

Thanks

Paul

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,447 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: verona to venice by train

Yes. Don't use RailEurope, as it does not show the cheap local (Regionale) trains between Verona and Venice.

These trains cost €8.55, but there is no point trying to buy tickets online. These trains have no seat reservations (so tickets cannot sell out) and no discounts. Buy the tickets in Verona.

The tickets can be used on any Regionale train for the journey purchased. Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp the ticket in a machine at the station.

8. Re: verona to venice by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:16