We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Hi there,

I saw a post mentioning bus 205 from the airport to Bardolino. Is that the new direct service introduced fairly recently?

If this is the best way to get to Bardolino without the cost of a taxi, is the stance easily found at the airport? How long does the journey take? Is there always room for suitcases? In general, is it an easy-to-use service?

Sorry for all these questions! And thanks to anyone who can help.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,458 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Hi, the bus service from the airport to the lake was introduced in June when there were major changes to the ATV bus services. It's the 164 service, and the journey to Bardolino is around an hour and ten minutes:

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/164.pdf

I haven't used the service but presumably the buses will be the same as the other ATV buses in that they will have luggage storage underneath. Verona Airport is relatively small so it should be easy to find where the bus leaves from.

The 205 that you mentioned is an "express" service from the lake to Verona (it doesn't go to the airport):

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/205.pdf

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

excellent thank you for the links to the time tables..my husband and I will be travelling from verona aerport to Bardolino in a wks time and we didnt no we could get a direct bus to the lakes...

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Great, Scozzese! Thanks very much for all the information - that was exactly what I wanted to know.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Does the 164 stop at the airport.? I can't see it in the list of stops in the timetable, and wondered if we need to get an airport bus to the railway station to catch it there

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,458 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Hi Roy, when will you be travelling?

Last summer (when the new bus routes came into effect) the 164 directly linked Verona Airport with the south-east of Lake Garda.

From September last year the airport link section was discontinued and the bus currently runs from Verona station, but we hope the airport link will be in effect again this summer. The summer timetables are not available yet.

If you are travelling before early June then you will need to get the airport shuttle to Verona then a bus to the lake.

Will you be staying in Bardolino?

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

r that. We're travelling in April so I see that I will have to get the airport shuttle to the railway station to catch the 164. We're staying in Bardolino at the Park Hotel Gritti, which we chose from the internet. We will be looking for good restaurants - any recommendations?

Roy

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

You could also email the hotel to ask about transfers, most hotels in Bardolino offer a very reasonable service.

There are so many restaurants in Bardolino that it's best to check them out as you are walking around, menus are displayed outside.

I can recommend these:

Corte San Luca in a lovely courtyard setting, they also have Corte San Giovanni which is equally as good. www.corvinorestaurant.com/…

La Lanterna - http://www.lalanternabardolino.com

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

We are travelling june 25 th. Will the bus go from verona aport to Bardelino then?

Edited: 07 April 2015, 21:45
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

We won't know until the summer timetables are available at end of May/beginning of June. Hopefully they will run the airport service again.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus-Verona airport to Bardolino

Hi again

Our holiday to bardelino is coming closer at the end of june.

Who can tell me if the bus will be running from verona airport to bardelino ?

Really appreciate it