We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2007 Opera Season

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wilts. england
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2007 Opera Season

Does anyone know how soon details of the listed Operas are made available - i.e. Singers and which production will be used. In 2004 La Traviata was performed in modern costume in a 'Diana' theme. This Opera is listed for next season but I can't find any information about the production to be used.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2007 Opera Season

Actually i have only notices about the program and the dates, but not about the productions.

Davide

Abingdon
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2007 Opera Season

Looking back I have found that the casting for 2006 was announced in the February newsletter so I would guess that it would be the same timing for 2007. It is possible to find little bits of information by going to the performers' own websites. For example Leo Nucchi lists some performances in Nabucco but Jose Cura says that he is having a sabbatical with his family which covers the time of the Festival.

As the advance publicity for 2007 does not say that La Traviata is a new production it is likely that it will be the same one as in 2004.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2007 Opera Season

What dates are the operas being performed?

We will be in Venice 13-14 Sept 2007 and would be so excited to be able to attend a performance of any kind

Where can I locate the 2007 details?

Melbourne, Vic...
Level Contributor
611 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2007 Opera Season

Yksi, I think that with the dates you quote you will be too late. Paste the following link into your browser and look at the dates there:

https:/…elencoSpettacoli.jsp

Abingdon
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2007 Opera Season

The production of La Traviata in 2007 is the one used previously in 2004 in modern dress.

6. Re: 2007 Opera Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 20:21