We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Ducale or Villa Rosa, Martina Franca

UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
417 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Ducale or Villa Rosa, Martina Franca

Hello Trip Advisors,

Has any one stayed at these hotels recently ?

Is one better positioned for the old town of Martina Franca ?

The Villa Ducale seems to be in a parkland - though hotel descriptions can sometimes be very "rosie" !!

Thanks for any contributions.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Ducale or Villa Rosa, Martina Franca

Villa Ducale is very central- next to a pretty and newly landscaped park, just across the road from Piazza Settembre XX which is the main town square, full of evening strollers, and immediately adjacent to the Town Hall and gates to the mediaeval 'centro storico'. I've stayed there, admittedly 2 years ago, and a friend has more recently; it's OK but nothing special; in fact, a bit like a soul-less modern business hotel. But perfectly located.

The other one (Villa Rosa) is I think very new, so I can't report, but the site is far less favourable, albeit only 700m out of the centre, on the rather busy main single carriageway road south to Taranto (you can see all this on the large scale maps at www.viamichelin.com which also locates hotels ifyou hit the right buttons).

As I've said on other posts, we prefer the more atmospheric accommodation in converted houses in the old town which calls itself 'Bed and Breakfast' but many of which are actually hotel style serviced self-catering rooms (with cleaners and basic breakfast makings supplied)- such as those of VILLAGGIOIN, via Arco Grassi, 8 - Tel 080 480 59 11 - Fax 080 480 50 17 www.villaggioin.it e-mail: info@villaggioin.it

Or others on the town Hall website martinafrancatour.it/inglese/introduzione.asp

UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Ducale or Villa Rosa, Martina Franca

Thanks, Alex mac.

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the maps and yes, I agree the Ducale has a very good position- though the website views are less impressive .

The Villa Rosa along with other hotels seem to be on a main road going out of Martina Franca.

Both the hotels looked a little soul-less & the Villaggio web site doesn't show the accommodation of the 2 person apartments .

Since I posted the query we have booked a trulli about 10 kms from MF near Carpari- fairly central for all the places we wish to visit& hopefully we will still be able to stroll MF on an evening.

Thanks for your contributions.

3. Re: Villa Ducale or Villa Rosa, Martina Franca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:16