We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

Help! I have booked my flights to travel to Bari in September - myself and my son who will be 18months at the time. We will be leaving Glasgow at 0800hrs and arriving at 2235hrs after several flight changes! I had initially thought we would travel to Vieste for our holiday (Hotel Seggio) - beaches, weather, nice town, attractions, restaurants etc and chose it over Polignano a Mare. However, I've since discovered that it'll cost 250Euros each way to travel there by taxi transfer. Car hire is more or less the same and I don't really want to drive after what will be an exhausting journey, late at night with a young Son. Where is within easier travelling distance of Bari Palese Airport - with nice beach, nice hotel, etc

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

How long will you have in the area? You could stay the night in Bari and travel the next day to Vieste by public transport? If you stay a long period the travel would be worth it, for a short time maybe closer by..let me know and I try help..ciao

London, England
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

Just back from Hotel Seggio in Vieste, which we liked but we had a car there (and so, were able to get about the rocky coast and forests), and it is probably further than you'd want to go with your 18 month old son...

so how about Trani; about 40km from Bari Palese airport? Lovely place, with enough interest for several days stay. Use the Tripadvisor search facility in Puglia forums to find the many recent entries on Trani. Not sure about cost of taxis, but it's massively closer than Vieste, and on the 'right'(i.e the west) side of Bari, - the same as the airport

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

Hi, just wanted to reply to let you know what I've decided to do. Explored Trani and couldn't find much info on the town or it's hotels etc on either Trip Advisor, Italy Mag or google. So, today after lots of visits to different sites, I have confirmed Hotel Seggio in Vieste. As we arrive very late, we are staying the first night at Grand Hotel Del Sole in Giovinazzo. The following morning we return to the airport to collect a car for our journey to Vieste. Got the car for 48euros with a car seat at 38euros for our journey one way. On the way back we stay our last night at Agriturismo Le Vedute near Bisceglie. The plan is to arrive early in the day and sample all that's on offer here. Up early the next morning to travel onto Bari Airport and return the car. Thank you for all of the help and advice given. I'm really excited about it all and also very nervous, I hope that it all comes together without too much stress! Just need to practice my map reading now!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

You will love the Hotel Seggio - and Vieste! Good price for the car too!

5. Re: Relaxing Resort near Bari Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:21