We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

We will be traveling like every summer to Italy, this summer we want to explore Puglia, interested in a beautiful beach resort with all inclusive, beautiful sand and beach! Any advise would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Puglia
Puglia
Italy
Traditional Home Cooking Experience...
13 Reviews
from US$89.10*
Free Cancellation
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off River Cruise and...
66 Reviews
from US$21.40*
Free Cancellation
Bari Street Food Walking Tour
24 Reviews
from US$58.20*
Free Cancellation
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

Puglia's a big place. Do you fancy the the slightly more touristy Gargano Peninsular, the land of the trulli (Alberobello, etc), or the more southern Salento peninsular (which offers impressive coastlines, nice architecture and an authentic italian/greek feel)?

There are beautiful beaches on both sides of the Salento - spoiled for choise. I only really know Southern Salento but would recommend it. If this is of interest, let me know and I can be more specific.

If you're exploring, have you considered staying somewhere more central??

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Gargano
Hotel Gargano
280 Reviews
Vieste, Italy
Alberobello
Alberobello
Province of Bari, Italy
Salento
Salento
Puglia, Italy
Otranto,Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

I would second what Jim has said..south of Lecce is beautiful and has lovely beaches on the Alimini coast north of Otranto.If you need further details we can recommend some places to stay also.

I think you will find it difficult to find an "all inclusive" resort in this area but really the whole point of visiting Puglia is to discover and explore so you don't want to be stuck in one resort!

Hope this helps!

Ciao

Mentioned in this post
Lecce
Lecce
Province of Lecce, Italy
Alimini
Alimini
Otranto, Italy
Otranto
Otranto
Province of Lecce, Italy
Puglia
Puglia
Italy
New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

Thanks for the information, have decided on going back to Sardegna which we love!!

Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

Hi,

Just saw your post about beaches in Puglia, where I'm thinking of visiting, and your decision to go back to Sardegna where my wife and I spent almost 3 weeks 2 years ago exploring the various beaches and towns. Would love to answer any questions.

Joe

Mentioned in this post
Puglia
Puglia
Italy
Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

would love to hear more about your experiences in Puglia. I will be travelling on my own for a week in June. Don't really want to get a car - is it still possible to get around? How about somewhere near the beach with half board?

Mentioned in this post
Puglia
Puglia
Italy
6. Re: Beautiful beaches in Puglia and beach resorts to recommend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:22