We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otranto

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Otranto

Hi, I'm a single woman driving to Puglia second week of Sept. I guess I will head to Otranto as I have read it is good so am wondering about places to stay and eat. Also looking for some good beaches...

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otranto

also I do not plan on staying in Otranto as want to explore the area. I live in Fregene so dont want to drive too long - 5/6 hours max and then move about. Any suggestions would be great...

Otranto,Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Otranto

Hi Kaye

We live just near Otranto and there are lots of restaurants,pizzerias in the town itself..La Bell'Idrusa is one we would recommend also La Duchessa near the Aragonese Castle is another rest/pizzeria...with lovely vines growing all around the seating area.

For accommodation have a look on www.holidaylettings.co.uk in Otranto, it is a beautiful City and a real gem on the Adriatic coast.

There are beaches along the Alimini stretch just north of Otranto and in Otranto itself there are beaches.

Good luck with your plans!

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Otranto

Hi,

Holidayrentals.co.uk is also pretty good for properties in the area. Would you prefer to stay inland? If so, Galatina, Lecce and Nardo are definitely worth looking into. Alternatively if you fancy being coastal you could try Gallipoli or maybe Otranto. There's plenty to do (free hire of bikes in Galatina), and the coast is wonderful! Also, there's a choice of restaurants, Gelaterias, shops and cafes!

Anyway, I hope this helps. Any questions, please just ask away!

J

4. Re: Otranto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:17