We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puglia with an 18 Month Old

New York, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Puglia with an 18 Month Old

My husband and I have been to Italy several time and would like to plan a trip this summer or fall and bring our 18 Month Old baby girl. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether Puglia is a good region to visit with a baby? (Or, if not, any other recommendations)? We'd like a place near a beach, but would also like to visit towns. Thank you!

UK
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puglia with an 18 Month Old

I've seen this place recommended by others to those wishing to find somewhere in Puglia, near the beach, with young children

masseriatorrecoccaro.com/en/servizi/coccaro-…

I'm sorry I can't give advice from personal experience.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 16:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puglia with an 18 Month Old

I wouldn't forsee any problems with a 18mo bay visiting Puglia. It can get quite warm the months form mid July to mid August. the rest shold be fine. If you wish to stay in a city close to the beaches, then Gallipoli is a good place. You have access to all main services (pharmacies, banks, hospital etc.). About 30min away from the Baroque City Lecce. If you wish to visti areas such as Alberobello etc, you'd be better off staying on the ocast between Bari and Brindisi. Once you've chosen the area, you can look at various solutions on www.homelidays.com (direct from owners).

Vico del Gargano
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puglia with an 18 Month Old

The Best solution is Peschici Rodi or Vico, close to the beach, on the day all thing to do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puglia with an 18 Month Old

You might be interested in this trip report which appeared on another travel forum, written by the mother of a toddler who took her child to Puglia a few years ago:

fodors.com/community/europe/our-week-in-pugl…

5. Re: Puglia with an 18 Month Old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:17