We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach holiday in Puglia - recommendations?

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beach holiday in Puglia - recommendations?

Hi,

We're planning to honeymoon in Puglia in early September '13. We basically want beautiful beach days, and nice food at nights. Seems like there's plenty of cool cultural and interesting stuff to do in the Puglia area, and we'll definitely take advantage of that, but we'd like recommendations of where we should stay if we want quick, easy access to the nicest beaches in the area each day.

We'll have a car.

Look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!

Cheers,

Brad

Edited: 16 June 2013, 20:30
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach holiday in Puglia - recommendations?

Worth looking at these posts:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187873-i798-k65…

September's a wonderful time to visit. Warm sea, relatively quiet roads and beaches, fewer tourists! Further north is greener and more hilly, whilst a little more touristy, whilst the Salento further south is more 'rustic', with working landscapes, lovely people and wonderful coast lines. A car is definitely a good idea - lots of great coves and beaches to explore on both sides of the peninsular!!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach holiday in Puglia - recommendations?

Hi Brad, the farest i've travelled down there was to Otranto . Recently one work colleague from the region told me the best beach is Torre Mozza in Ugento.

3. Re: Beach holiday in Puglia - recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:17