We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with itinerary please!

san francisco
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help with itinerary please!

Hi there! i'd love some help with our itinerary. We're going to Puglia in July and still can't seem to narrow down here to stay. There are so many gorgeous spots, I'm overwhelmed!

We're planning on driving from Rome and first going to Matera for a few days. We'd then like to find somewhere where can rent as a base for a week in Salento. Which town would you recommend? We have 2 girls, 8 and 11, and would love to be both near the sea and walking distance to a cute, characteristic town. We'll have a few days left in Puglia before we fly back to Rome from Brindisi. Any suggestions where to go the last few days? Mille grazie!!!!!!!!

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help with itinerary please!

We are a family of three doing the same next month for about the same amount of time. We decided on Matera then Otranto then Polignano a Mare figuring those places would be appealing bases from which to have easy access (within an hours drive or so) to any other towns we wanted to see and, at the end, the Bari airport. I was just thinking of posting to see if anyone had any feedback on our choices while I still have time to make changes. It is a bit hard to figure out. It seems much of the focus of articles I have read is on more adult / romantic vacations, not where to stay with kids. I hope someone else responds. I think you might have more luck with a more specific post title…...

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help with itinerary please!

We are a family of three doing the same next month for about the same amount of time. We decided on Matera then Otranto then Polignano a Mare figuring those places would be appealing bases from which to have easy access (within an hours drive or so) to any other towns we wanted to see and, at the end, the Bari airport. I was just thinking of posting to see if anyone had any feedback on our choices while I still have time to make changes. It is a bit hard to figure out. It seems much of the focus of articles I have read is on more adult / romantic vacations, not where to stay with kids. I hope someone else responds. I think you might have more luck with a more specific post title…...

3. Re: help with itinerary please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16