We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st stop on Cruise

Which Bari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
1st stop on Cruise

Is the harbour far from the old quarter and the Catheral.

Can we walk or do we need to get a bus/taxi

Thank you

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

I suggest you post this question on Cruise Critic.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

I suggest you post this question on Cruise Critic.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

Everything is within walking distance, the Basilica, Castle and the City walls, there is no need to taxi.

If you need further info, please let me know

Bari
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

No problems,the old city is in front of the port...visit not only the 3 main attractions (the Basilica of San Nicola,the Cathedral and the Norman-Swabian Castle),but the entire old city,it's a great place!

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

Thank you for answering. Most helpful now to sort out the next stop.

Thank you

Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

What amount of time would be required tosee Bari, main sights? The cruise ship arrives at 11.00 a.m. and departs at 6.00 p.m. Is this plenty of time?

London, England
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

Hi Carole

I guess you could easily squeeze Bari into a day (although this being Puglia, everything closes down for lunch, so you should capitulate and do as the locals do and have a lovely long lunch - local food is excellent!

pugliaturismo.com/aptbari/inglese/bari.html gives a summary of the town's attractions

But a day is too short to visit many of the gems of the surrounding area including the (admittedly touristic) world heritage site of Alborobello, with a concentration of the magical 'trulli' stone dwellings which dot the valle d'Itria.

So you just tell that cruise liner captain he has to wait a bit longer

8. Re: 1st stop on Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:16