We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
168 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

We are thinking of taking this ferry in early October. Have some concerns about seasickness, and how smooth the ride is. If you have been on this ferry, can you give me some feedback about your experience? Thanks

Berkeley, California
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

I'll be taking this ferry at the end of October.

Does anyone know if it reliably reaches Bari by 0800?

My concern is that I'm thinking of taking a flight from the

Bari Airport at 1100 and I want to be sure I'll make it.

Thanks

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

Never cut things fine with flights. Even if the ferry was 90% on time, you don't want even a 10% chance of missing your flight.

Fast ferries bounce around a bit, but conventional ships (like this) usually ride smoothly, seasickness tends to be something people worry about if they've never been on a ship before. Ships these days are bigger than ever, and usually very steady. If you're not worried about being sick on the plane, you won't be sick on the ship.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
168 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

First of all, Man in Seat 61, your train information is invaluable and is really appreciated. On the topic of seasickness, you need to do some homework. I have been seasick on ships/boats several times and it's not fun. I can fly without being sick, but it's a different thing on a boat. These ferries are old boats and from what I understand from the previous poster, the seas can be rough. That being said, we have reservations for the ferry and I have armed myself with bonine and dramamine. (I'll only use one)

On another note that might be useful, originally we couldn't get a cabin on this ferry. For some reason they were all booked. I emailed the ship and they put me on a wait list. I was able to get a cabin.

Level Contributor
8,531 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

In october yes you could clearly have a rough ride...really no way to know. As for your schedule no way should you book a flight at 1100am. You simply cannot rely on this ferry(or any transit mode) enough to buy what is no doubt a non refundable airline ticket. I would book much later on that day or plan for the next day.

5. Re: Ferry overnight from Dubrovnik to Bari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 06:16