We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

Which Bari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

Can someone please tell me how to:

1 - by bus travel from Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo for Padre Pio shrine

2 - by train travel from Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo for Padre Pio shrine

We will go from Positano and would like to go to the shrine in San Giovanni. Thank you.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

Hi,

I am traveling to Italy by the end of the month with the same itinerary, Positano to San Giovani Rotondo.

Please advice how is the best way to get there from positano

Edgardo

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

The best way to get to San Giovanni Rotondo is by rental car. There are no trains, and buses are infrequent.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,621 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

Trains Salerno, Naples or Bari to Foggia www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times, enter time 08 for all departures.

Sita bus from Foggia to San Giovanni Rotondo.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

Last summer we traveled from San Giovanni Rotondo to Positano via Naples and Sorrento. From the Shrine, we took a Sita Sud bus that goes to Foggia (about 1 hour and 10 minutes). The bus station is very near the Shrine. At Foggia, we lined up at the bus stop for Napoli. We bought the ticket from the bus driver. At Naples, we took the regional train (circumvesuviana) to Sorrento. From Sorrento, we bought Sita bus tickets from kiosk to Positano. I guess if you reverse this procedure, you can get from Positano to Rotondo. We are thinking of going back to Rotondo through Bari but it seems that we will go instead through Sorrento. I hope this helps.

5. Re: Bari to San Giovanni Rotondo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 06:16