We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
568 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday rentals - website suggestions

I have been ploughing through the usual UK websites offering villa & house rentals in Sardinia but am struggling to find an available / afforable place that meets our requirements, (3 bedrooms for 6 people with pool and aircon for 2 weeks in July / August).

Can anyone suggest a property or website, we speak some Italian so could book through an Italian site if that would give us a better selection!

Ciao and thanks fellow travellers.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Im having the same problem im looking for a accomadation for 7 with a pool.Im going round in circles going nowhere about to give up

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Glad it's not just me. There must be someone out there who knows of a few Italian property sites - Help!

3. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2008, 15:10
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,422 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Folks, just to be clear about a couple of things....

Sardinia is not a major tourist destination in the way that, say, the Spanish costas are (thank God!). There are very, very few of the kinds of properties that you are looking for. There are complexes with shared pools, but private villas with private pools are few and far between.

Also, July/August are the most popular months, and what little there is will have been booked long ago.

It is possible that you may find something, but I would stop tearing my hair out and either compromise (although not on the air con!) or look somewhere else.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

You might find something like that in Stintino but as mentioned most places are either smaller or with a shared pool.

Go to www.google.it and search from there.

There might be one suitable here

locasun.it/location/it_v_Stintino_Affitti_St…

Villa LARA S09

Also http://www.rent-sardinia.com/ has some villas but none that are exactly what you want.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Understood but we did manage to find such a property in Corsica last year without totally breaking the bank and I, (maybe incorrectly), thought Sardinia has far more tourists each year and therefore would have more choice of property than Corsica. We'll take what we can get ultimately and you can be sure that we appreciate the benefits of somewhere that has not been over developed.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,422 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Sardinia has loads of mainly Italian tourists for one month of the year, and apart from that it's pretty quiet. And the Italians come for the sand and sea mainly, so they aren't looking for properties with pools.

There are some as I said, but you will be very lucky to spend less than €3,000 a week in July/August, and most will already be booked because the supply is so limited.

Apartment and villa complexes with pools are a bit more common and cheaper, but I sense that's not what you are looking for.

London
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Hi Cob200,

you can try www.absolutesardinia.it

I booked with them last year,

Mark

SW England
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Hi

I've been doing similar searches, for 4 people, and the best sites so far have been www.magica-sardegna.com and http://www.sardafit.co.uk/Index.htm

Contrary to what others have said I have not had too much difficulty!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,422 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday rentals - website suggestions

Thanks bryony, I have had a look at those and they are a useful resource.

However they seem to offer mainly villas in complexes with shared pools as opposed to single private houses. Also not many that sleep 6 or 7. But well worth looking to see what's available.