We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

west yorkshire...
Level Contributor
138 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

We are travelling to Sardinia 8th July and spending some of the two week holiday at Cannigione.

After looking at the resort via Google Earth it looked like there isn't much there...what's the place really like?

Can anyone recommend some good quality restaurants for evening dining? Preferably within walking distance of the center and with outdoor dining facilities?

Also, any especially nice beaches in the area?

Many thanks! Judy & Jeremy

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

Small, genteel harbour town (village) in a wonderful setting on the Galluran coast. Small selection of quality driven services and shops. Pretty, and in the main, well maintained accomodation options.

A number of restaurants and pizzerias once again the emphasis is on quality. My favourites are 'entro fuori bordo' and 'la Risacca'. Good small fishmongers there too if you are self catering.

The centre is based around an upper and lower road by the harbour where you will find most of the eateries and bars. Liveliest bar in the centre is probably the 'Old Cutter'. The best nearby beaches are to be found by heading north on the Palau road.

Look out for the ticket kiosks selling day trips to La Maddalena islands - a real must do for beaches.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

"Good small fishmongers there too if you are self catering. "

We're going to Canniogione as well and I am so pleased to read this!

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

"We're going to Canniogione as well and I am so pleased to read this!"

Cannigione provides well for self cateres. As well as the fishmongers, there are several decent mini market type shops too. Plus a deli that just invites a good thrashing of the credit card; overpriced of course, but my oh my what a selection of culinary & drinkable goodies...

Nothing quite like that summer feeling of putting a freshly caught sea bass on the BBQ and sitting back with a glass of chilled Capichera watching the sun set over the bay of Cannigione. :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

"Nothing quite like that summer feeling of putting a freshly caught sea bass on the BBQ and sitting back with a glass of chilled Capichera watching the sun set over the bay of Cannigione. :)"

You realise that that image is torture to those of us suffering through a truly lousy July here in London ?!

Can I ask you something else, Dancingbrave? You mentioned the trips from Cannigione harbour to La Maddelena. Can you give a rough guide to the prices for tickets?

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

"You realise that that image is torture to those of us suffering through a truly lousy July here in London ?!"

Go for a meal at Sardo Canale, Camden to offset the rain pain! Everynow and then we remnisce about our London days. Then we look at the weather, speed cameras etc....

"Can I ask you something else, Dancingbrave? You mentioned the trips from Cannigione harbour to La Maddelena. Can you give a rough guide to the prices for tickets?"

From Cannigione & Laconia (northern part of Cannigione) it is e35 for adults, e25 for kids. Full day trip with light pasta based meal included. They stop off for an hour at the town quay on the main La Maddalena island so you can also stock up with goodies there - the outer islands have no facilities whatsoever. Departs 9.00, returns 18.00; absolutely essential to book in advance. There are ticket kiosks in the port of Cannigione & near the Isuledda campsite; normally open only morns & evenings.

There are also boats from Baia Sardinia/ Cala Bitta too. Obviously if you drive to Palau there is a further range of boats both water taxi & rentals.

6. Re: Cannigione.....resort and restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 18:17