We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

Hi, I am looking for a place to go on honeymoon in Sardinia but have got a little stuck as there are so many lovely looking places to go! I would like to go somewhere where there is a stunning beach which doesn't get too busy in late June time, and in walking distance to a typical sardinian town for restuarants and bars. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Would really appreciate some ideas! I like the look of the beaches in villasimius, but not sure how easy it is to get to the town, and what the town is like for restuarants and bars? I look forward to your responses!

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

Ms_Ditsy, Congrats on your wedding !!

You are right because the entire island is filled with stunning beaches. We have stayed in Alghero, Villasimius and Calassetta, and have driven around the island. Very hard to pick any one out, but I can assure you you can't go wrong. We found the beach at Scivo to be very spectacular.

The Isola Sant'Antioco , Calassetta, was very non touristic, a little out of the way, but we found it wonderful. If you break up your time, you could visit many beaches and smaller towns. Have a great time.

sardegnaturismo.it/en/…spiagge.html

London
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

Wsa very disappointed with the town of Villasimius, its rather ugly and has many 'schemes' of holiday villas, although the beaches are beautiful in the area

If I were you and you are thinking about the south coast of the island I would be more drawn to the likes of Pula. There are some beautiful beaches in the area Nora and the beach at Santa Margherita. Or you could try towards Chia again specatacular beaches but less of a town feel.

The Island of San Pietro ma also have what you are looking for, the town of Carloforte isb eautiful as are some of the island beaches although can get a little buzy in june with the Tuna festival.

I also agree the beach a schivu is beautiful and well worth a visit but its in the middle of nowhwere so there isn't the closeness of the nice towns you crave

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

If beaching it in the South, we much prefer the nearby Costa Rei to Villasimius or other areas on the South Coast.

If you want stunning beaches AND a pretty town on the coast with bars and beaches then the choice reduces dramatically. Here are a few options on coastal towns that I would consider suitable for a honeymoon and, as importantly, likely to have quality services & accomm:

Alghero & Bosa are the standouts with marvellous old towns with a good spread of bars & restaurants,

San Teodoro certainly has the beach, bars & restaurants ( in the summer ) but not everyone finds the town that pretty,

Castelsardo is dramatically positioned but poor beaches by Sardinian standards in the immediate vicinity.

Cannigione is very genteel with some quality bars and restaurants but the best beaches take some finding. Very good location to get access to , imho, the best beaches on the island though.

The Tuna festival mentioned previously is actually for a few days starting late May so I wouldn't use it as a decision making factor for a late June honeymoon!

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

Many, many thanks for all your responses, this is really helpful! I will start looking in to these other options and pop back if I have any further questions!

5. Re: Best place to honeymoon in Sardinia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 03:18